engine mods

sy82nj

Apr 1, 2011
fayetteville,nc
im in the business of wanting to make one of the fastest stock frame blaster in nc. great mods/parts to buy? not looknig to buy 1000+ kit. my future mods just got a blaster today. banshee front shocks 400ex rear lowered. bigger carb jetted uni-filter rdz racing pipe. maybe a 240 kit worked by flotek performance.

im in the business of wanting to make one of the fastest stock frame blaster in nc. great mods/parts to buy? not looknig to buy 1000+ kit. my future mods just got a blaster today. banshee front shocks 400ex rear lowered. bigger carb jetted uni-filter rdz racing pipe. maybe a 240 kit worked by flotek performance.

Add to the list a redesigned head and get the air filter as close to the carby as you can.

not looknig to buy 1000+ kit.

not looking to be the fastest then

the CT/LA Sleeve cylinders are far superior to anything that can be done to a stock casting cylinder.
The fastest draggers are running worked CT/LA cylinders

Last edited:
A 240 kit will blow half your budget, but will have you on your way to the fastest Blaster. Porting, a head mod and a good pipe will drastically improve your performance and cost about as much as the 240 kit.

porting a rechambered head with a pipe and the proper jetting are where I would start with if I had the $ kor is the one too have do the porting and head mod

I think you can be the fastest with exactly the mods you posted. No need to spend a thousand. If you put it in the back of your pickup it will be fast and furious. They will all run scared!! No drag racer that holds any records have ever spent more than a thousand. They just add a bigger carb jetted and a uni filter and go set records. Are you going to run a turbulence inductor in the carb also? Been Dyno proven to produce 10 more cookies! Also a 1k resistor on the tors system will give you an extra 1000 rpm's. Good investment. Should we call it the fastest troll bike in NC? There is already a fast blaster wheel barrow out of butner NC. You should see it go down the track. Just don't blink you might miss it.

not looking to be the fastest then

the CT/LA Sleeve cylinders are far superior to anything that can be done to a stock casting cylinder.
The fastest draggers are running worked CT/LA cylinders
lol i mean buying a big bore for 1000+ then not running at my want/need is a waste of money too. i know you have to pay to play and i'm willing. i still want it to be trailable

A 240 kit will blow half your budget, but will have you on your way to the fastest Blaster. Porting, a head mod and a good pipe will drastically improve your performance and cost about as much as the 240 kit.
. cool by me just not looking to dump $1000+ on a big bore kit alone. i will plenty of money in the work process

I think you can be the fastest with exactly the mods you posted. No need to spend a thousand. If you put it in the back of your pickup it will be fast and furious. They will all run scared!! No drag racer that holds any records have ever spent more than a thousand. They just add a bigger carb jetted and a uni filter and go set records. Are you going to run a turbulence inductor in the carb also? Been Dyno proven to produce 10 more cookies! Also a 1k resistor on the tors system will give you an extra 1000 rpm's. Good investment. Should we call it the fastest troll bike in NC? There is already a fast blaster wheel barrow out of butner NC. You should see it go down the track. Just don't blink you might miss it.
hold i was talking on the big bore kit it self. you funny my december sneaker bill for only 4 of 13 ran $800+. so spending money is no issue i buy what i want and can afford. SN my 86 trx 200sx got $400+ in rims/tires. so money not the problem. and if i'm wrong for wanting to be pointed the right direction F*** it

Reactions: 98blaster
We weren't questioning your ability to spend money... The way you stated it in the original post sounded like you didnt want to peak $1000

Buy a 240cc kit from KOR and have him port it for you.

We weren't questioning your ability to spend money... The way you stated it in the original post sounded like you didnt want to peak $1000

Buy a 240cc kit from KOR and have him port it for you.
thanks i learned that the 240 kits from vito's and others are very different. and didnt properly express myself in the og post. the more expensive kits are better performance wise out the box. im going to build an aggressive trail bike with this blaster. and the next 1 i pick up all out dragster.

In the order of making a blaster a wicked trail machine
1) set up a good suspension. Having a wicked motor on a stock suspended blaster in the woods is pointless. You will get wore out fast and will be bucked all over the place and could get into a bad wreck.

2) once the suspension is done than modify the motor. Port work and reconfigured the squish of the head. To go along with that, a larger carb( I prefer one off a Honda 250r) reeds and a free flowing airbox.

3) wheels and tires

1) set up a good suspension. Having a wicked motor on a stock suspended blaster in the woods is pointless. You will get wore out fast and will be bucked all over the place and could get into a bad wreck.

2) once the suspension is done than modify the motor. Port work and reconfigured the squish of the head. To go along with that, a larger carb( I prefer one off a Honda 250r) reeds and a free flowing airbox.

3) wheels and tires
dave im will be swapping to banshee/400ex shocks. there is a kit for the carb swap

3) wheels and tires
dave im will be swapping to banshee/400ex shocks.