engine mods

how much were your front shocks?

My front shocks came on the blaster, i bought it because it was such a good deal I:I I just build the engine :D

Get shocks like mine new for 500-700, 200-400 used.

Elkas new range from 1000-2000, havent seen many used ones...

Banshee front shock lengths are the same, so you can look at blaster and shee shocks for the front. Not the rear, shee shock is shorter there

Works A T Steeler DRS Front Shocks Reservoirs Yamaha Blaster YFS200 04 05 06 | eBay

You can find anything and everything on ebay

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a thread on here talking all about what rear shocks will fit. 250r shocks depending on the year could raise or lower i can't remember. A 450 shock needs a little more modding i think but the 400ex rear sick is a nice upgrade. I use that myself. If i xtra $$$ i would go with elkas or even works,but like i said the 400ex is doing me justice. As far as front shocks there's another good thread for them too. I think it's even a sticky. With a lowering Kit you could use yfz fronts or of your going to use long travel a arms you will need longer shocks. Take into consideration if your trails are tight you may not want to go to wide.

There's a thread on here talking all about what rear shocks will fit. 250r shocks depending on the year could raise or lower i can't remember. A 450 shock needs a little more modding i think but the 400ex rear sick is a nice upgrade. I use that myself. If i xtra $$$ i would go with elkas or even works,but like i said the 400ex is doing me justice. As far as front shocks there's another good thread for them too. I think it's even a sticky. With a lowering Kit you could use yfz fronts or of your going to use long travel a arms you will need longer shocks. Take into consideration if your trails are tight you may not want to go to wide.
thanks i'm lowering the bike if the 450r is harder to make work i'll use the 400ex

The 400ex shock is a little bit longer than a stock blaster. My brothers seat sits 2 inches higher.

I have a 450r, unsure of year, but it works fine

Also, never heard of a YSN carb... Thats not keihin...

I would not buy that carb. Stick with an oem carb off a honda, yamaha, suzuki or kawasaki. You can find a decent used dirtbike carb and do a lot better.

The 400ex shock is a little bit longer than a stock blaster. My brothers seat sits 2 inches higher.

I have a 450r, unsure of year, but it works fine

Also, never heard of a YSN carb... Thats not keihin...

im his brother, and part of why its higher is the spring is set super tight and i dont have the tool to soften it

stroker kit?

I'm wanting to build my 04 blaster I just bought.I'm wanting to get either the vitos big bore kit or the l.a.sleeve kit I'd like to know the big differences in the too and a 3mm stroker kit wat kit or spacer would I need or would I need one at all? Thanks.

Re: stroker kit?

I'm wanting to build my 04 blaster I just bought.I'm wanting to get either the vitos big bore kit or the l.a.sleeve kit I'd like to know the big differences in the too and a 3mm stroker kit wat kit or spacer would I need or would I need one at all? Thanks.

A spacer plate comes with the 3mm crank

It would probably help if you created your own thread, just a suggestion.