Best budget race mods for the blaster ??? Engine frame and chassis?

Octanejunkie

Aug 19, 2020
Looking to get into atv racing with my 98 blaster. Looking for Info on the best budget performance mods aswell as any good budget frame and chassis mods. Not new to moto world but new to atvs and blasters in general so any good info would be appritiated

Fresh engine. Cylinder ported for it's intended use. Head mod. Shift star mod for easier shifting. Good handle bars that won't break is a must. Light rims and tires.
Gearing.
The most expensive is going to be suspention. That is going to make or brake how fast you can ride your bike around the track.
A slower bike with setup suspention. Can be faster on the track
And gusset the frame

Speed cost$$$$
Solid info thanks. Just got the blaster a few weeks ago and is suppose to be a fresh full rebuild and appears to be true. Engine is very clean and compression is just under 135. I'm not against spending money to go fast been doing it all my life! I just want a budget friendly way to get started.... if I like it then I'll either throw money at the blaster or invest in something with a little more potential and throw money at that
Speed cost$$$$

Reactions: Slydog
Everything i own is modified in some way.
Can't help myself. Cost money sure. But the end result is worth it. More fun

UNI or Twin Air filter. Open air box. Rear hydro brakes are real easy to fab. You DON’T need banshee brake hub unless you go with banshee axle. You can use Warrior, Banshee hubs and flipped REAR wheels to gain some width . Going with Warrior Banshee Raptor Yfz450 9” wheels and hubs gives you a greater selection of tires. While not sold on Stock Banshee shocks, you might consider them along with wider arms.

I suggest writing everything down in order of gain with cost beside it.

List up everything you have now including pipe. Inspect that cylinder to make sure it’s NOT a China PO. They aren’t worth doing anything to it porting wise.

Set a budget

Then double it :D:rolleyes:

Reactions: Slydog