El cheapo blaster

MichelB52

Dec 2, 2013
bought my blaster from a guy for 150$ it ran...OK the needle in the slide was set wrong and the air screw was out maybe like 6 turns instead of 2, after that It ran like like a dream, re jetted with a dyno jet jet kit, well see how it works, kept the old needle just in case, and used used a 340 jet from the kit that it suggested, actually wanted me to use a 360, but the next size lower was the stock 230 size, put vforce4 reeds in and got a used dg pipe, quad came with a dg silencer, and put out a new seat and hood on it because the seat that was on it was junk, and and it didn't have the hood, took the gear out out of the oil pump and run premix and did the tors delete also put fly racing handlebars with fly lock on grips, run 91 octane with Lucas semisynthetic 2 stroke oil, and that's about it, want to widen out out the front end and put some nerf bars on eventually, and as of right now I can blow the doors off my buddy's 08? 800 polaris rzr. I'll have to upload a picture later my phone says the file file is too large for the server

Reactions: SlickRick
Wow, sounds like a good start!!

Throw away the jet kit, and the needle that came with it.

Stock needle works the best in stock carb.

Order some genuine mikuni jets. Jet kits are not exactly the right size as genuine mikuni

thanks, I only have the kit in because it was like 20$ off ebay, and it was before I found the forum, I'll see how it runs as it gets warmer. it's been in the mid 30's this week! woo! haha

a 340 main? that sounds a bit big. list all your mods. pipe, airbox lid on or off, your oil fuel mix ratio, riding temps and altitude etc. Jetting it correctly will get u the most out of it. Last but not least, DO A LEAK DOWN TEST. Then if all is good, plug chop to confirm jetting. Also,,
congrats on the sweet deal..

list of mods:dg used pipe, and silencer, vforce4 reeds, the dyno jet kit, 32:1 mix ratio, lid off. I would guess about a 280 main instead of the 340, altutude, whatever jamestown, ND is. and I'll look up the leak down test on here you don't need to explain, this week temps been in mid 30's otherwise summer anywhere from 60-110* depending on the day

Well it sounds like your heading in the right direction.

Post some pics so we can see the new ride..

If your engine is calling for a #360 jet with your mods, you could have an air leak.

It is always a great idea to leak test a 2 stroke when you buy it and then twice a season.

the dyno jet kit instructions wanted me to use a 360 jet, I thought that was quite a bit over what it should be, plus one of my buddies works on 4 wheelers and bikes for a living along with my uncle, and they even thought that was a bit over-kill, and I'll get on the computer this afternoon and post up some pictures

20140217_153821.jpg

Do you need a hood?
Looks great for $150, you cant beat that at all..
Absoloutly positively do a leak down test as soon as possible. Read how to do it then read it again. Theres also a video on how to do it. We cant
stress enough how important a leakdown test is on a 2 stroke.

no, I picked one up off of eBay along with the seat and about everything else on it haha, with buying it I have maybe 500$ into everything

Nice score. A diamond in the rough. Have you thought about adding some heel guards? Some of the Raptor and YFZ heel guards will fit with a little modding. They can be found on e-bay fairly cheap.