couple issues

forgot to ask what air box u running and what pipe ?with a 150 main and 48 pilot i had a f7 air box and f7 pipe so if your running a open stock air box and a fmf pipe that 150 main will still be too rich

Im running a F7 air box and a full FMF exhaust.

ok so i tryed the 48 jet. its ideling on first kick, but when i try to give it gas it does ok for maybe 1/8 throttle, and then bogs down and dies. Woudl this still be an issue with the pilot, or should i be looking at changeing the main jet?

also the air/fuel screw seems to make no difference from all the way in to 3 turns out.

at this point im starting to think it may be the actual needle. the needle is the only part i did not have to change out since the carb came with all off brand stuff and none was keihin like it was suposed to be.

ok another update... i put a 45 pilot in. its ideling really well. Im uploading a video of it on youtube and will post a link shortly. Its still dieing when i give it gas though.

ok so i tryed the 48 jet. its ideling on first kick, but when i try to give it gas it does ok for maybe 1/8 throttle, and then bogs down and dies. Woudl this still be an issue with the pilot, or should i be looking at changeing the main jet?

also the air/fuel screw seems to make no difference from all the way in to 3 turns out.

make sure u dont have an air leak around the intajke boot reed area

I know i'm just jumpin in from nowhere and i didn't read the whole post. but it sounds like it's blowin back through the carb. you check ur reeds yet?

I know i'm just jumpin in from nowhere and i didn't read the whole post. but it sounds like it's blowin back through the carb. you check ur reeds yet?

the reeds should be good. they are perfectly flat against the cage It has the stock reeds on it.

ok, so ive done a search for a diy on making the leak down tester, but have only found videos on how to use them.

can someone give me a link to the DIY of making one? or who sells the kit?

FLOAT ADJUSTMENT

Remove the carb

Remove the float bowl

Hold carb upside down

Measure distance between the top of the float and where the float bowl screws to the carb

float height should be 20.0 - 21.5mm (0.79 - 0.85 in)

the float arm should be resting on the needle valve but not compressing it

adlust the height by bending the tang on the float

is there any type of gasket that would be best to use on the intake boot and reed spacer? The vitos ones are like paper, and it reall seems like these would need rubber?

so get one that way you have extra gaskets on hand I:I or im sure you can find individual gaskets someplace.

Are the paper like gaskets bad to use? I think i may try taking off the gasket i put between the intake boot and the reed cage.

I will most likely order one of those kits. IT looks like the only size sold is 68mm will that work with a .25 bore?