couple issues

ok a little update, i took the two plastic pieces that cover the lower 1/4 of the reeds off, so now its just the reed, then the metal pieces that it bends against.

its now ideling but when you push the gas its boging down.

there's also some liquid stuff leaking from the front around the exhaust, it looks like its either a bad cylinder to block gasket, or something doign on with the header becuase its all oil

here's some pics of it.

474.jpg

471.jpg

Plug looks a little lean... Yeah, check the reed gaskets for an air leak. It shouldn't be lean due to jetting. You CAN use Permatex gasket maker in a tube, but I would just order a few new gaskets and have them delivered. It sucks not having parts readily available, but I don't trust just liquid gasket where there should be a real one from the factory. My .02.

a little lean ???? u guys crack me up with your clueless responses look at the plug its soaked with gas thats f*cking fuel flooded and fat as hell!!! that motor ran spotless the day i took it out of my bike your probelm is in your carb which i can allready tell u your pilot jet size is wrong by your setting on your mixture screw

ok a little update, i took the two plastic pieces that cover the lower 1/4 of the reeds off, so now its just the reed, then the metal pieces that it bends against.

its now ideling but when you push the gas its boging down.

there's also some liquid stuff leaking from the front around the exhaust, it looks like its either a bad cylinder to block gasket, or something doign on with the header becuase its all oil

here's some pics of it.

474.jpg

471.jpg

brian u need to silicone the head pipe to the flange with orange high temp silicone and teh flange to the jug the same way or they will leak oil . going back to the pics u posted that intake is cut like that for vf3 reeds and as i told u did not run the reeds u took a pic of in that motor u asked if i had a set i could send u and those were a set i had laying around from a different motor. now get your carb straightened out before u destroy the rings on that motor by washing them out

Last edited:
brian u need to silicone the head pipe to the flange with orange high temp silicone and teh flange to the jug the same way or they will leak oil . going back to the pics u posted that intake is cut like that for vf3 reeds and as i told u did not run the reeds u took a pic of in that motor u asked if i had a set i could send u and those were a set i had laying around from a different motor. now get your carb straightened out before u destroy the rings on that motor by washing them out

Will it damage anything not having those parts sealed for now?

ok i put a couple sizes smaller jets in. and its ideling now with the mixture screw at 1 turn out.

Its still boging down but is turning up higher before it bogs down.

I think this would indicate that i need to just order some smaller jets?

ok i put a couple sizes smaller jets in. and its ideling now with the mixture screw at 1 turn out.

Its still boging down but is turning up higher before it bogs down.

I think this would indicate that i need to just order some smaller jets?
what carb do u have??an oko 30 if i remember correctly ? what main is in it and what pilot?

Its an OKO 30mm carb

i was originally using a 155 main 58 slow.

now its using a 150 main and a 55 slow.

With the 150/55 its starting on one kick but bogs down when i push the gas.

Its an OKO 30mm carb

i was originally using a 155 main 58 slow.

now its using a 150 main and a 55 slow.

With the 150/55 its starting on one kick but bogs down when i push the gas.

im pretty sure i only had a 48 pilot in that motor and a 150 main jet with a oko 30 ill have to look to be sure i can tell u that pilot jet u have in there is waaaaay too big thats why its bogging

Its not the fuel thats the issue its the oil. factory there injected most of us mix so yes its very bad to run them out of fule and OIL if your mixing
running it out of fuel once isnt gonna destroy compression or else they wouldnt have reserve that is made to shut off ur quad wen ur gettin low on fuel

Yeah dont worry it just sounds like a jetting problem. And the lean statement earlier? Really? It WAS soaked as 1bad442 said and if its leaking from the head gasket you should probably either check the torque on the head bolts or do a compression test.

forgot to ask what air box u running and what pipe ?with a 150 main and 48 pilot i had a f7 air box and f7 pipe so if your running a open stock air box and a fmf pipe that 150 main will still be too rich

Yeah dont worry it just sounds like a jetting problem. And the lean statement earlier? Really? It WAS soaked as 1bad442 said and if its leaking from the head gasket you should probably either check the torque on the head bolts or do a compression test.

read my reply earlier its leaking oil from the header flange as he didnt silicone it

you know what i used to fix the leak around the header flange is at o reilleys they have high temp radiator element gaskets i believe it was and i found one that fit perfect and havent had a leak since out of it.