Confused on pipes.

well two strokes get a huge powerband curve of power at certain rpm's and the type of pipe and setup you run effects which rpms its going to be at. you want to shift just after your peak power point so that when you shift its still in the higher curve of a powerband. when i talk about curve im talking about a dyno chart, and mr. kennedy has plenty

well than yours isn tthat healthy than.. whats your compression??? also your carb could be out of tune.. a properly tuned carb wil do wonders..... look at my old 2001 wqith what i had done i hung with my buddys lt250r front start to finish

well two strokes get a huge powerband curve of power at certain rpm's and the type of pipe and setup you run effects which rpms its going to be at. you want to shift just after your peak power point so that when you shift its still in the higher curve of a powerband. when i talk about curve im talking about a dyno chart, and mr. kennedy has plenty

with no dyno.. the best way to fgure out your shift points for power band is to ride.... and play with shifting at diff points... seat of the pants you wanna figure out what rpm range you feel the power stand to taper/ fall off.. and shift right when you know the power is gonna fall off...

i had mine dead nuts on 2-3-4th shift would pop the front tires up a few inches thats how dead on i was on shifts

Ok. Ill keep the Power band shifting in mind for this weekend's riding.Thx for the help guys and hopfully I will beat his.

Nicely said 4cfed :-D i'm technical about stuff.. and assume other people to be.. kudos I:I
you should also check your spark plug, and tell us what it looks like.. if its white your running lean and need to change your jetting, if its black and full of crud.. its rich and you need to change your jetting... Both these problems cause unnecessary wear on an engine so its best to have the spark plug almost like a cardboard brown

I was at my buddies house and he had maddd rich gas and i didnt know how rich it was till i was ridin and i looked back. I smoked out the whole trail. So my plug is probably fouled. Ill take a look at it tommorrow.