Chinese atvs ruining it for eveyone

wolf1

Jan 19, 2008
Ringgold Georgia
www.quadclass.com
the consumer product safety comission changed the regulations and more changes to come.

they are supposed to stop allowing atv's to be sold in 50cc-90cc
This is because many of the chinese aftermarket atv's are marketed to children ages 5-12
many children in these age ranges have been hurt and killed riding the chinese atv's due to defects and poor quality.

tell everyone you can not to buy a chinese atv.

Heres a report where chinese atv manufacturers thumb their nose at us atv safety regulations and sends dangerous atvs anyway....

Fushin, whose A.T.V. also had sharp handlebars that could cause injury, agreed in May to a voluntary recall of the models marketed for children. But that did not solve the larger problem. A few weeks ago, at the port of Houston, a shipload of Chinese A.T.V.’s that did not meet United States safety standards was seized by customs officials.

and these are just the ones they caught. imagine the number of low-no standard atv's they weren't able to catch before they made it to the consumer

here's a write up about what the consumer product safety commission thinks about the chinese atv's

The US Consumer Products Safety Commission regulates over 15,000 products. All terrain vehicles, ATV's, top the Commission's list as the deadliest product in their portfolio. Each year more than 900 people, many of them children, die from these off-road vehicles. Now an even more dangerous type of ATV has appeared. Looking for a way to break into the lucrative US market, Chinese manufacturers have produced smaller, cheaper ATV's and marketed these as vehicles for children. Where youth models of established ATV brands like Yamaha and Honda can cost upwards of $2000, prices for Chinese ATV's for children and youth average $500.

ATV's are a $5 billion market, and the Consumer Products Safety Commission is concerned about the influx of these small, cheap, vehicles from China. The Commission has recently adopted a set of mandatory safety standards for all ATV's sold in the US.

The San Francisco Chronicle said....

The commission says that a Texas company called Kazuma Pacific is importing from China a defective all-terrain vehicle for kids and that the company has refused to cooperate in voluntarily pulling the product from the market.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/18/BUGOSR22R21.DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0gOh1kQiy

yup maybe its time to make an AFFORDABLE american made atv. maybe thats what i'll do after school lol

All chinese sh*t is junk, japanese sh*t is good, America needs to make our own sh*t

highland?? is armerican...... cam am is canadian..... id buy canadia before chinise... tiger.... was american made... i think atk is american... ktm is austrailian??? gasgas is spain?? ....

id take any of them over china sh*t..

buddy of mine had a china quad that looked like a raptor.. 200cc... slow as hell.. serously... a 90 cc 2 wheeler is faster.. and it was sm,aller than a blaster

Highland is a good brand but expensive, and when I said that I was referring to everything in general, because everything in this country is either made in china, taiwan, pakistan, korea, japan, etc.

the chinese atv's are garbage, bad thing is the crappy quality of the chinese atv's is going to make it to where the govt can tell us when and and how we ride our atv's

they have already changed some of the regulations, and the 50-90cc atv's will eventually not be available anymore, meaning kids 12 and under wont be able to to legally ride an atv anymore once it goes into effect.
if the chinese 150-250cc atv's are still sold in the us that will mean the consumer product safety comission will start making it illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to ride eventually.
to date many kids have died riding chinese made atv's ranging in age from 5 years old - 16 years old.

the chinese atv's are garbage, bad thing is the crappy quality of the chinese atv's is going to make it to where the govt can tell us when and and how we ride our atv's

they have already changed some of the regulations, and the 50-90cc atv's will eventually not be available anymore, meaning kids 12 and under wont be able to to legally ride an atv anymore once it goes into effect.
if the chinese 150-250cc atv's are still sold in the us that will mean the consumer product safety comission will start making it illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to ride eventually.
to date many kids have died riding chinese made atv's ranging in age from 5 years old - 16 years old.

thats when you buy a used trx 90 or china quad and stick a cr85 motor in it :eek:

The government is really starting to regulate this stuff and it sucks because it's detrimental to us responsible riders. I had a test thats required for graduation today it had an essay that said to write about an important issue in your community i chose ATVs and went into detail about everything. 6 paragraphs long all about ATVs and all the legal issues. Most of the crashes and deaths with ATVs involve not only poorly made products but also people who have no idea what they are doing. So they crash and decide to sue and claim all kinds of crap which causes the government to step in and attempt to help and regulate this issue, which f*cks over all the responsible riders like us.

polaris is supposed to be american made, but they have had 18 recalls since 2000

where Yamaha has only had 4 recalls since 2000

honda has only had 9 since 2000

thats why everyone hates polaris.. buy anthing pre 2000 and there good machines..... there 2 stroke machines are nice cos if there stock you dont have to re jet for winter..

build a 250cc 2 stroke fuel injected sport quad thats under 350 pounds... 49'' wide frotn and rear.. and 3 inches longer than a blaster with the same seat hight ill buy it

i might actually start working on that this winter. probably use a yz250f motor to start with. fuel injection will be easy. it'll be no linkage on the back for ease of service and well...they're complicated. time to start drawing some sh*t up!

highland?? is armerican...... cam am is canadian..... id buy canadia before chinise... tiger.... was american made... i think atk is american... ktm is austrailian??? gasgas is spain?? ....

id take any of them over china sh*t..

buddy of mine had a china quad that looked like a raptor.. 200cc... slow as hell.. serously... a 90 cc 2 wheeler is faster.. and it was sm,aller than a blaster

Highland is made in Sweden....It says the parts are put together in America....(Dirt Wheels)

i work at cycle ranch in south dakota here i have seen many of these Chinese quads all but two were FBAR in under two months. swing arms tweaked from just riding no jumping or hard riding. A arm bushings were non existent. rack mounts if they had them were busted if the racks were not removed before hand. it urks me that the parents wound pass up a ATC 90 or 110 because there old and the little 110 china quad is the same price and newer. there is a reason we stopped selling them. the one thing i will give them is they tried to make an exact copy of the old ATC 90 and 110 engines but didnt come close to the reliability of the honda.

i work at cycle ranch in south dakota here i have seen many of these Chinese quads all but two were FBAR in under two months. swing arms tweaked from just riding no jumping or hard riding. A arm bushings were non existent. rack mounts if they had them were busted if the racks were not removed before hand. it urks me that the parents wound pass up a ATC 90 or 110 because there old and the little 110 china quad is the same price and newer. there is a reason we stopped selling them. the one thing i will give them is they tried to make an exact copy of the old ATC 90 and 110 engines but didnt come close to the reliability of the honda.

may i ask what the 2 that wernt junk are??

from what i know seems dinil dinli? (makes ayouth race quad were decent.. and sunL

i cant rememember what the brads were. two old men own them in a small town they go to coffee put around town just go past an idle absolutely no abuse. there still 110s.

Highland is an american quad with a swedish motor (like Husquvarna but diff). The frame is from an the old Cannondale/ATK, which were way ahead of their time.
USHighland2010BikeGallery

The new Polaris Outlaws are actually pretty cool (and made in USA w/KTM motors) and the Can-Am DS450 is flat out bad-ass. I love my yamahas but there are some good possibilities in the works.

they need to get rid of these chinese companys but its kinda stupied company say there made in certain countries my can am for instants has a rotax engine which is made in alustailla but is joind with brp and all the electical and fuel inject in made by bosh which is a german company I love my can am