Chinese atvs ruining it for eveyone

I was previously planning on getting my kid a chinese atv , but after I had her sitting on my blaster and seen she almost meets all the height and ergonomic requirements , I'm just gonna get another blaster , hopefully a 03 or up so I dont have to rack ebay again for hydraulic brakes and such

it also dosent help that the chinese govt. is WORTHLESS when it comes to cracking down on thier dirbag exporters. as long as they get thier cut they really dont care what happens. china= good food, bad atv's lolol

The government is really starting to regulate this stuff and it sucks because it's detrimental to us responsible riders. I had a test thats required for graduation today it had an essay that said to write about an important issue in your community i chose ATVs and went into detail about everything. 6 paragraphs long all about ATVs and all the legal issues. Most of the crashes and deaths with ATVs involve not only poorly made products but also people who have no idea what they are doing. So they crash and decide to sue and claim all kinds of crap which causes the government to step in and attempt to help and regulate this issue, which f**cks over all the responsible riders like us.

Whoa, check out the big heart and serious side of BD14????? :D
Surprising coming from a <responsible> rider with a sig like yours...

Haha, breakin' chops.
Hey, you wrote that Sig, we didn't, ya crazy rider with nothin' to lose but your life, that's all... ROFL

Think it is time to do away with your sig poetry, it doesn't fit the true BD14 colors, thank god. :D

AND, adding my .02, Everyone STAY away from the China Junk, especially with putting your little ones in danger, they are worth much more than saving a few bucks. If you have the wonderful opportunity to involve your offspring in this kick a$$ sport/hobby, do it right, and skimp on a few bucks somewhere else. Your kids are worth it, trust me...

AND, you do not have to spend $2000 for your under 12 year old to have fun and get out there, safe, with you...

For example, my 10 year old son's current setup is a 1986 Yamaha YFM80 Moto4. Great youth atv, built to last forever, 4 speed gear box, friendly size and seat height, beefy strong axles and wheels, 18" tires, etc, etc. We got it for about $300, and i have about $200 in it with new plastics, new Fly racing handlebars, some other nice little bolt ons, etc. So, all in all I have my Son out there having fun, SAFELY, for around $500.

Just an FYI.
Does not take alot to get them involved the right way...

Last edited:
Bought my son a Polaris Predator 90 when back in 2004....damn thing has been bullet proof. He's 12 now and ready for a the Blasty. All the other Chinese stuff was so tall and tippy, and from the looks of them at recent shows, they have not changed.

I don't think I can talk much though... The Predator 50 and 90 are just rebranded Etons I heard. Still, it's been a good quad, even hauling my fat ass around. It'd be a shame if they outlawed them, we had a lot of good family time quadding and biking, so many families would miss that.

By the way, KTM is Austrian, not Australian...... way different there LOL!

They should just totally ban chinese quads. Jap quads are sick!! I think they have mainly been developed in the US because we are the biggest ATV market, I'm pretty sure.

Polaris are alright but I hate the automagic they put on everything. If they could put gears and clutches in more quads they might not be so bad.

i hate chinese quads with a passion, not only are they driving up costs for the real bikes but someone new to the sport can go out and buy it and it will break every 2 mins on them,thus making the old saying that quads are unreliable believeable.
a girl at my school died when she was hit by a car on one of them,the quad just disintergrated when she was hit

also ruins the fun factor when your the slowest out there

Last edited by a moderator: