BlasterForum is my BIBLE and FREE SCHOOL

BlasterFun484

Mar 23, 2013
Collegeville, PA
Let me start by saying sorry for the book but its realy important to this site and the ppl on here that inspired me to spend weeks on here reading and learning and spending a fortune of my money. So for those of you who think your the reason I am a member today and why I love my Blaster and this site, take one time out of your life to read what I have to say because I spent HOURS of mine life to read YOURS. THANK YOU ahead of time

So I stumbled across this Forum a few months ago and it is my BIBLE! I picked up a stock 02 blaster 8 months ago for only $500 that sat in a garage after being only riden the summer of 02 it was bought. Right off the bat I flushed all fluids, changed air filter, new plug, upgraded wheels and rims, greased all zerks. Basically everything common sense would suggest. While searching on Google for hours and hours on what next to make it better since im 25 years old and 212 lbs riding a common kids quad I found many posts by this site.
It started out by seeing the stock oil injection is bad news so I ordered the Vitos block off and ran 40:1 which is what my local shop told me. I than found out I should probly use 32:1 to be safe thanks to this site. Then I started reading all these other mods and upgrades and basicaly Bike Candy and Bike Performance stuff. But also thanks to this site I read that you cant just put stuff on and be ok to go. This site turned into a free school for me, I spent manyyy nights and hours reading and book marking pages and pages. I learned the PROPER way to plug chop and way, the PROPER way to jet your carb for every part change and way, the PROPER way to mix your oil and why(how to find your right mix, what increases the mix does and how it oils your jug and so on and so on), the PROPER way to do just about anything and everything.
Low and Behold I was out on the trails and blew a hole threw my crank case which turned out to be a blown apart top end, bottom end, just everything and everything was toasted. So I brought her in to my local shop and they said to put her back stock it would be roughly $800-$1,200 and I said you know what I can pick up another one highly modified and runs great for $600-$1,100 localy on craigslist (Many Thanks to Philadelphia For That). But If I build it I know what it has and I can put WHAT I WANT on it.
Now this next part is the KUDOS to all you BlasterForum people and admins and many thanks to AWK08 and BlasterFreek30 and Bronco79 (not sure I even got those right) but you people insprired me so much that it literaly changed my life. I had nothing going for me and have been struggling but picked up a quad to give me some life back and give me that hour a week to myself and hit the trails. Since I was doing this build I was gonna go big. 3 weeks ago I started buying parts like crazy and piling them up.
Now for the parts and why. The first thing I went and bought was a DG full exhaust, before it arrived I stumbled across a thread about how DG is basically stock design and to ditch it and get FMF Gold (lil to late and now I have an extra exhaust but Ill live lol) so obvioiusly I ditched it and got the FMF Gold. All the rest was Highly researched but to save time Ill just list. VForce 4 reeds, Outerwears open box kit, DynoJet Stage 2, Wiseco Bottom End Kit, used crank halves, Tusk Heavey Duty Clutch Kit, Transmission Bearing Kit ($175 from Yamaha), Air Scoops, Vitos Timing Plate Advanced +4 (running 32:1 93 Octane), Banshee Front Shocks, 400ex Rear Shocks (with Ken Occoners Bushings and Bolt), Shock Covers for Candy, Home Made Silencer Coupling, Throttle Cover for Candy, Handle Bar Clamp for Candy, ITP +3 all what way around with Hole Shot tires, 14 40 Gearing with Blue Chain, Iron Cross Front Bumper, Aluminum Racing Grab Bar that I custom converted made a Tail Light Bracket to bolt to the Number Plate spot on the grab bar, Wiseco Pro Light Piston Kit, Bored .02 over for fresh jug, Port and Polish for Agressive Trail Riding, Used Show Car Fender 10mm Allen Head Bolts with Blue Washers and Replaced Most Factory Yamaha Bolts with Them.
Thats most of what I can remember at the Moment, should be getting it back next week and Ill add pics. Still want to get skid plates, convince some of you to sell me these custom Case Savers your make and Fly Wheel Covers, have a VERY GOOD common repair I dont see on here that I want to make a thread on with step by step pics and details but the cold weather is holding me up.

One more time, Thanks you all for writing me and providing me my BIBLE and I hope I just added a page to its credits.

Reactions: Awk08
Glad you took the time to read up on taking care of your Blaster. We get so many new members that don't bother to read anything till there Blaster blows up. Sounds like your building a very nice Blaster. Welcome to the forum.

welcome to BF. fellow PA. bro !!!!
kudo's to you for all the reading you did, getting schooled and being an informed and inspired blaster owner !!!
have your first reps as a reward for doing your homework !!!

looking foward to seeing some pics and your DIY contribution to the site !

you may want to consider attending my annual ride in july ? seeing as how you can't be any further than 4 hours away, watch for the official thread coming in may sometime, and search for "AWR or awks wild ride" to see past ride reports and pics.

Thank your guys, Iv read hundreds of both your posts, wish you guys were a lil closer bc the thousands of dollars I just spent at this shop coulda been yours. Awk I actually read your post AWR 4 I think your calling it right just debating on what weekend to have it? your roughly 5 hours out which would be a nice fun weekend and I have been hinting to the wife I need a few days to myself but doughtful I can get away, we have a 2 year old and I keep the house together and fed so my rides are usually me sneaking out for 2 hours every other week lol but hey you never know what can happen. NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THE BREAK IN BTW lol I want to get on it and rip you know Its been out for a few weeks now but the long and tedious break in is important and I have alot of money invested so what can you do you know

Thank your guys, Iv read hundreds of both your posts, wish you guys were a lil closer bc the thousands of dollars I just spent at this shop coulda been yours. Awk I actually read your post AWR 4 I think your calling it right just debating on what weekend to have it? your roughly 5 hours out which would be a nice fun weekend and I have been hinting to the wife I need a few days to myself but doughtful I can get away, we have a 2 year old and I keep the house together and fed so my rides are usually me sneaking out for 2 hours every other week lol but hey you never know what can happen. NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THE BREAK IN BTW lol I want to get on it and rip you know Its been out for a few weeks now but the long and tedious break in is important and I have alot of money invested so what can you do you know

Hope you can make it. Like to see you there and check the Blaster out in person.

Ill just post this so its not an awkward delay. Its at the shop waiting for the last part, then has to get put back together before I can pick it up. They said by next week I should have it back and than I am going to PICTURE BOMB this thread with the goodies. So 1-2 Weeks depending on what free time I have when it comes back.

man that was long read! the only thing i would change though, is that jet kit. they seldom have the jets in there that we actually use. just buy seperate jets its alot easier to get jetting right. get some pics of this pile of parts by the way. its like eye candy

Welcome! I did the same thing when I found this site, Freek hooked me up with a piston & cylinder when I was a newb & I've been here ever since. You won't find a better site or people ANYWHERE. Hope to see some pics soon! I:I

Any indication why it blew? For being low hours (I presume) should have lasted a while, unless it was abused or something. You had a Yammy shop do the build? If you did understand cost as they won't repair cases or install used.

BTW
WELCOME!!!
I:I I:I I:I​

The piston skirt chipped off, i assume from running 40:1 and being hard on her pushing 212 lbs up a steep hill at high rpm in 4th. Who realy knows why things break, been an automechanic for years now and sometimes you just dont know. The local shop is great do what ever i want and ask, very nice, very helpfull. Not a yamaha shop they are an arctic cat dealer which i have a utility arctic cat as well, but they service and fix allll small engines and vehicles including utvs, chainsaws, motorcycles ect.

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to those pictures. Awk's ride is a great time and a must attend event, especially if you are that close. Start working on the wife now to get a chance at the mountain.

Last edited:
OK, so Just picked up my Utility ATV today and they said that the blaster just got the top end back from getting hoened out and the port and polish done so they said they will start putting it back together next week then I can get some good pics for you. Unfortunatly most of the mountain of candy and parts accumulated at the shop and I woulda felt awkward to ask to go in the back and take a pic. BUTTT!!! The Day After I started this thread I ordered some goodies that did accumulate here while Iv been waiting. Here are the Banshee front shocks, 400ex rear shock, shock covers, Kens bushings and bolt, +3 +1 Diamond Racing A Arms and Tie Rods, and a nice Flame Throttle Cover, also made an exhaust coupler thanks to BF Threads.

Attachments

• IMAG0246.jpg
    IMAG0246.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 171
  • IMAG0252.jpg
    IMAG0252.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 161
  • IMAG0250.jpg
    IMAG0250.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMAG0251.jpg
    IMAG0251.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 204
woohoo....won't be long now !!

welcome and 'grats on finding this little helpful forum.

found the forum after doing a research on my blaster when i first bought it.

now its on my daily checklist.

Let me start by saying sorry for the book but its realy important to this site and the ppl on here that inspired me to spend weeks on here reading and learning and spending a fortune of my money. So for those of you who think your the reason I am a member today and why I love my Blaster and this site, take one time out of your life to read what I have to say because I spent HOURS of mine life to read YOURS. THANK YOU ahead of time

So I stumbled across this Forum a few months ago and it is my BIBLE! I picked up a stock 02 blaster 8 months ago for only $500 that sat in a garage after being only riden the summer of 02 it was bought. Right off the bat I flushed all fluids, changed air filter, new plug, upgraded wheels and rims, greased all zerks. Basically everything common sense would suggest. While searching on Google for hours and hours on what next to make it better since im 25 years old and 212 lbs riding a common kids quad I found many posts by this site.
It started out by seeing the stock oil injection is bad news so I ordered the Vitos block off and ran 40:1 which is what my local shop told me. I than found out I should probly use 32:1 to be safe thanks to this site. Then I started reading all these other mods and upgrades and basicaly Bike Candy and Bike Performance stuff. But also thanks to this site I read that you cant just put stuff on and be ok to go. This site turned into a free school for me, I spent manyyy nights and hours reading and book marking pages and pages. I learned the PROPER way to plug chop and way, the PROPER way to jet your carb for every part change and way, the PROPER way to mix your oil and why(how to find your right mix, what increases the mix does and how it oils your jug and so on and so on), the PROPER way to do just about anything and everything.
Low and Behold I was out on the trails and blew a hole threw my crank case which turned out to be a blown apart top end, bottom end, just everything and everything was toasted. So I brought her in to my local shop and they said to put her back stock it would be roughly $800-$1,200 and I said you know what I can pick up another one highly modified and runs great for $600-$1,100 localy on craigslist (Many Thanks to Philadelphia For That). But If I build it I know what it has and I can put WHAT I WANT on it.
Now this next part is the KUDOS to all you BlasterForum people and admins and many thanks to AWK08 and BlasterFreek30 and Bronco79 (not sure I even got those right) but you people insprired me so much that it literaly changed my life. I had nothing going for me and have been struggling but picked up a quad to give me some life back and give me that hour a week to myself and hit the trails. Since I was doing this build I was gonna go big. 3 weeks ago I started buying parts like crazy and piling them up.
Now for the parts and why. The first thing I went and bought was a DG full exhaust, before it arrived I stumbled across a thread about how DG is basically stock design and to ditch it and get FMF Gold (lil to late and now I have an extra exhaust but Ill live lol) so obvioiusly I ditched it and got the FMF Gold. All the rest was Highly researched but to save time Ill just list. VForce 4 reeds, Outerwears open box kit, DynoJet Stage 2, Wiseco Bottom End Kit, used crank halves, Tusk Heavey Duty Clutch Kit, Transmission Bearing Kit ($175 from Yamaha), Air Scoops, Vitos Timing Plate Advanced +4 (running 32:1 93 Octane), Banshee Front Shocks, 400ex Rear Shocks (with Ken Occoners Bushings and Bolt), Shock Covers for Candy, Home Made Silencer Coupling, Throttle Cover for Candy, Handle Bar Clamp for Candy, ITP +3 all what way around with Hole Shot tires, 14 40 Gearing with Blue Chain, Iron Cross Front Bumper, Aluminum Racing Grab Bar that I custom converted made a Tail Light Bracket to bolt to the Number Plate spot on the grab bar, Wiseco Pro Light Piston Kit, Bored .02 over for fresh jug, Port and Polish for Agressive Trail Riding, Used Show Car Fender 10mm Allen Head Bolts with Blue Washers and Replaced Most Factory Yamaha Bolts with Them.
Thats most of what I can remember at the Moment, should be getting it back next week and Ill add pics. Still want to get skid plates, convince some of you to sell me these custom Case Savers your make and Fly Wheel Covers, have a VERY GOOD common repair I dont see on here that I want to make a thread on with step by step pics and details but the cold weather is holding me up.

One more time, Thanks you all for writing me and providing me my BIBLE and I hope I just added a page to its credits.

Nice blaster post some photos

OK so lets try this again, finaly got the blaster out of the shop the other day and just got my internet redone bc the other set up wasnt working on blasterforum for some reason when I would try to upload pics(had a bad port plug). So I got all the rest of the parts on except the 400ex rear shock, funny story about that apparently their are 2 400ex rear shocks and the one I got had an extra arm for adjusting so Ill post pics of the difference later when the new one comes in. heres these pics tho for now

Attachments

• IMAG0348.jpg
    IMAG0348.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMAG0350.jpg
    IMAG0350.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 164
  • IMAG0352.jpg
    IMAG0352.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 164
  • IMAG0353.jpg
    IMAG0353.jpg