Better, Faster, Stronger than before!

Aug 8, 2010
Indiana, PA
Well guys and gals as some of you know ive been collecting a pretty good stack of parts so this build has been inevitable. I finally tore the blasty down to the frame and painted it so i thought that would be a good place to start. Build should go somewhat as follows.

-Tear down
-Repaint
-Replace whatever is broken or going bad
-Shine it up
-Add some HP's
-Add some suspension mods
-Putt it all back together
-Ride it like I stole it.

heres some pics of the paint. I think it turned out pretty good. nice and sexy just the way i like it. I:I

here she is cleaned up and primered. the primer has little pearl/metal flakes in it to give it a shimmer you will see through the paint in one of the other pics

97s1lv.jpg

and here is the finished frame. Thats an Anodized orange so its basically a tinted clear so that sparkle from the base coat will shine through.

nx1g87.jpg

12193lt.jpg

heres the close up with the flash on so you can see some of the metal flake. its much more intense in person out in the sun

zn7vwl.jpg

...lots more to come guys...

thanks guys. i should be getting my a arms in the mail soon so i can paint those. i have a few more tricks up my sleeve for the paint so stay tuned

a few more days of waiting before i can begin bolting stuff up to it again (damn paint what does it need to cure for anyways. in the mean time ill be working on the engine. shinning the cases and clutch cover and checking the bearings (really hope they are still good) then putting the new 240 on and getting it ready to install. i havent decided on a timing advance or not. i know it deteriorates the life of the engine but how much? and is this negated by running higher octane or is it just better controlled? thanks for any input

I think the only problem you'll have out of the arms is shedding the paint.

Whatever you bolt on the arms will be weaker than the tubing itself but keeping rocks and crap from beating the paint off will be a nice feature.

I think the only problem you'll have out of the arms is shedding the paint.

Whatever you bolt on the arms will be weaker than the tubing itself but keeping rocks and crap from beating the paint off will be a nice feature.

im thinking diamond plate aluminum will look nice. just want to bend a front lip on them to protect the front of the arms