Better, Faster, Stronger than before!

tore the old engine apart today. and can you believe that 10yr old engine still has the original piston and bore? and it still looks perfect and still had 128 for compression. anyways. is there anyway to clean out the crank without splitting the cases? can i spray it with carb cleaner or brake cleaner? just to get the junk out?

tore the old engine apart today. and can you believe that 10yr old engine still has the original piston and bore? and it still looks perfect and still had 128 for compression.

/\/\ i put 8 hard years on my brand new '96, sold it with the stock motor still pullin strong

im thinking diamond plate aluminum will look nice. just want to bend a front lip on them to protect the front of the arms

/\/\ please face the diamonds up so they can be seen thru the arms, i've seen too many with it facing down < whats the point in using diamond then

/\/\ i put 8 hard years on my brand new '96, sold it with the stock motor still pullin strong

/\/\ please face the diamonds up so they can be seen thru the arms, i've seen too many with it facing down < whats the point in using diamond then

excellent point on the diamond plate awk. i will be sure to do that. i will be polishing the clutch cover tomorrow. and starting on the cases. ill take pics of that for sure to post up

got the a arms in today. and the rear shock. im being lazy so ill post pics tomorrow but the arms and tie rods are all painted up and ready to go. just gotta finish drying I:I. i will also begin polishing tomorrow i just picked up my supplies tonight

Tell me you tested the fit of the upper ball joints before you finished them up... I mic'd them to make sure they were thin enough and big enough around but without the ball joints to actually try and fit them I couldn't fit them and make absolutely sure they were perfectly sized.

tore the old engine apart today. and can you believe that 10yr old engine still has the original piston and bore? and it still looks perfect and still had 128 for compression. anyways. is there anyway to clean out the crank without splitting the cases? can i spray it with carb cleaner or brake cleaner? just to get the junk out?

mines a '99 with stock bore and piston pullin 120psi. only had a set of rings or two put in by the previous owner

The tie rods are the best freaking part huh? 5/8" tube with .156" wall thickness. How about that adjustment nut? How about that, elegant solution or not?

that adjustment nut is sweet too. it looks much better than i thought it was going too. no the fabrication is the best part. i just said the tie rods were beefy

Ha, the adjustment nut just came to me while I was out working the garage. I was trying to figure out how to work a hex nut into the mix. I was going to drill the center out of a much larger nut and weld it on the outside of the tubing but I figured the weld would burn into the hex part and it wouldn't turn out well. I think the solution I developed worked well.

Take some pics! I can't wait to see them painted, I like the frame paint color so far.

yes, pics or it didnt happen !!!!!!!!!!!!

got the a arms and tie rods painted and started on the clutch cover... but no pics of that until its finished.. wouldnt want to spoil it. so here is a pic of the a arms and the tie rods showing you another color that is on the quad

mlrxx3.jpg