BEnt my steering stem today

visipe

Mar 7, 2009
newtown
haha i was out rideing and was doing about 35 id say when i took a turn to fast and the quad rooled on top of me and i dislocated my shoulder teh only thing that happen was my pro taper bars got bent and the steering stem .. i think i need a new one so if anyone knows anything about em like i know u can get longer ones or something liek +2 i duno how it really works so help out if u know

you can either pick up a stock stem for cheap of ebay or something or get a +2 one if your a bit taller,could even extend the stock one if you have the right materials

ah ok thanks im not that tall, i dudnt really know wat the taller ones do so thanks for the replys guys , i guess ill look for one on ebay for stock, do they fit all years cause my quad is an 06 i saw oen for liek 02 i think they should fit but

ya im pretty sure there the same all the way threw.
i can not figure out whats wrong with my quad after i flipped it. if i let go of the handle bars it turns right.
my frame aint bent a arms look to be good?
what else?

Only difference in pre 03 and 03+ is the pre 03 have mounts built on for the headlight where the 03+ does not.Either one will work though.You could get a banshe stem if you wanted it is plus 2 but it needs to be turned down on a lathe to be perfect.

ahh ok well if it works ill just buy a used one cause i dont wana spend to much money on it. Is it hard to replace it tho iv never done it before so i know there is a bolt on the bottom i guess u loosed that and it should comeo ff but im not sure

Take the cotter pin out of the bottom then the nut and washer.Then you need to take the block off the top with the two rubber washers and thats it.Pretty easy to do,you will figure it out just by looking at it.2 bolts and a cotter pin and nut and washer thats it.Good luck.