another newbie here

S

smudge

hey guys me names smudge, and this blaster below is my latest project, just bought it 2nd hand and i am lookin to do it up to the max. just wondering where you guys think i should start?

first hey were are u from
and a good clean then a new pipe and airfilter if there is anything wrong with it like it will not start then fix that first lol

Yea if it doesn't start...well then figure out whats up and start it. You could do the mods while you are fixing just to save time. Air filter and exhaust is a good start, then tires
Blasterboy is that your bike?

clean the bike up, drain the old trans fluid, check the air filter, check your compresion, the first thign you should do is get some reeds V force3 are the best,get a pipe like LRD, aftermarket air filter, block the oil injection off, get rid of the tors. depends on what money you have

no it isn't my bike wish it was its a mates but thats what my bike is going to look like in a bit when i have the money what do u think of it??

clean the bike up, drain the old trans fluid, check the air filter, check your compresion, the first thign you should do is get some reeds V force3 are the best,get a pipe like LRD, aftermarket air filter, block the oil injection off, get rid of the tors. depends on what money you have

Like he said, and I noticed your gonna need a rear caliper, better off upgrading that why your at it.

Anyways, welcome to the forum and hope we can be any help.

right guys cheers for the info, anyway at the moment still tryin to start her, everytime i try and kick start her, she never starts up, she very nearly does. anyway bought a new spark plug put it in tried again and it nearly started. been kickin it too much and end up flooding it, and then back to square one. clean and dry the plug put it in, kick it. and nearly again. i dont think this quad has been running for a while. my m8 said maybe the carb needs cleaning. any ideas? before i throw it off a cliff

my blaster did that to me once first check your fuel is turrned on check the airfilter and clean it it may have some water in the airbox check the swich on the bars is turned to run and if still nothing try cleaning the carb there is a how to clean the carb thread somewhere hope it helps

my blaster did that to me once first check your fuel is turrned on check the airfilter and clean it it may have some water in the airbox check the swich on the bars is turned to run and if still nothing try cleaning the carb there is a how to clean the carb thread somewhere hope it helps

right fuel - deffo turned to on (not res )
air filter - where is it?
switch on bar - on

to find the air filter

First - remove your seat using the latch on the rear of the seat on the underside, you kant miss it

Second - you will see a black flat plastic piece with a rubber hose pertruding from the front, remove the six or so bolts that hold that on and then TA-DA there is your airfilter, or at least where it should be

i have been told to do this by a member of another site i go on, will it help?

kick it over with the spark plug out when you put more petrol in. (it wont start, read below) When you kick it over the piston will rise and push the dodgy petrol mix out the spark plug hole. do it a few times to make sure it is all out of the carb, then leave it to evaporate for a while. If you have changed the spark plug i can almost guarantee its a dodgy mix and the pistons are clogged with oil. Its a bit messy so put an old rag on the floor. If you are planning on keeping it the mix should be 25 parts petrol to one part oil. I f you aint, assuming the tank is half full, just top it to the top with petrol, it should run, and hey, it aint your engine

i wouldn't kick over a blaster to many times without oil going in, it is a 2 stroke. a couple times shouldn't hurt it though.