86 TRX250r for our Dad

Thanks for that link, good reading there. I've already lapped the cases. From everything I've read and heard, the center case gasket is needed to keep everything in the correct tolerances. Those few thousandths of an inch can make a big deal on the 86 250r engine, from what I've read.

Its all back together. If I get ambitious after I eat, I might put it back on the bike.

IMG_0419.JPG
IMG_0420.JPG
IMG_0422.JPG
IMG_0423.JPG
IMG_0424.JPG
IMG_0426.JPG
IMG_0427.JPG
IMG_0428.JPG
IMG_0429.JPG
IMG_0430.JPG

Cooling system pressure tested and motor leakdown tested. Everything passed.

Motor is back on the bike and exhaust is on it. I got the front sprocket and the new uni-filter on tonight also.

Tomorrow I plan on Cleaning out the carb, and starting some heat cycles. About all that's left I have to do is Change the front wheel and rear axle bearings, replace the old rear sprocket, and Put on the chain. Then its onto decals and all that other stuff.

I actually put this all in by myself, my neighbor that always helps me wasn't around tonight...I think thats why I'm spent.
IMG_0432.JPG
IMG_0433.JPG
IMG_0434.JPG

I did get the Rear Bearings changed and the bearing carrier, the one that was in there was jacked up. Luckily my friend down the road had one, and gave it to me.

The chain is on, and the rear sprocket is replaced. Tomorrow I have front wheel bearings, and This thing is getting fired up for heatcycles. I'm going to take a video of it when I do.

Reactions: bummer981
Here is the video. I want to thank everyone who helped get this done. KOR for getting the cylinder done, and rounding up parts, Justme for offering help and looking for parts, My buddy Raymond for giving me his 250r parts stash, and My brother Nick for doing this for the Old man.

This is the second heat cycle, The first one it fired up in about 5 kicks, I had to set the idle, and play with the air screw, but got it. I found out after I did the wheel bearings, it needs a-arm bushings. Ordering them in a bit.

Enjoy!