86 TRX250r for our Dad

Fred, that's the most awesome gesture. In my mind, your dad is going to be super kicked about it, wicked cool idea. I mean he would have never imagined getting that quad back and will be super thrilled. I wish I could be there for the unveiling but nevertheless I would follow the posts on fb and the forum. I would like the know his reaction when he sees it. More so, I looked at the pics and bro that is a mean ass machine . Keep us up to date on the pics as you work...outstanding pics looks as good as new already ....Xerxes

Alright Xerx! Glad to see your here too to see it. Nick is enlisting everyone to see this thing!

We were texting back and forth earlier, and We are sending this cylinder to KOR so its right. Only the best for the old man.

Incase anyone is wondering, Xerxes works with my brother, and now comes to PA for Thanksgiving , deer hunting, and ATC riding.

Duntov1 is a old friend of ours, We met him from Nick having Supra's, and the rest is history.

I gotta get to bed!

Its been awhile since I posted anything about this. Here is where it's at now.

Top end is at KOR getting bored and Ken rounded up everthing we need to do the motor.

The Works Shock's are getting sent out to Kevin (jogaca).

I need to order some seals, chain and sprockets, and a few other small things.

Once I get it all here and accounted for, my Friend said he'd give me a hand with it. He raced 250r's back in the 90's and rebuilt alot of them. That's going to be a real help to me.

Once its back up and running, the main problem will be hiding it from my Dad untill Nick gets here. I'll cross that bridge when i get to it.

I got a box back from Ken today, with a fresh bore cyl, gaskets, piston, bearings, and seals.

I just ordered the last of the stuff I'm going to need for this yesterday.

I'll take some pics of the cylinder in a bit and post them up. The cases are getting split tomorrow night!!!

gotta luv those days when packages come from KOR :)

Reactions: Herpderplol
Lots of goodies for it already Fred. Can't wait to see the finished product and better yet the look on dads face when he receives it.

I got the cases split tonight. The main bearings were poluted with pieces of piston. So far everything is going pretty good. The counter balancer gave me a headache for a few, but I got it figured out. Tomorrow night I'm planning on getting everything cleaned well, and hopefully sweat the new bearings in.

I have one question I hope someone can answer. There was a gasket between the cases, should I get another, or should I just lap them, and threebond it together?

Here is the pics.
The start...
IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG
IMG_0400.JPG
IMG_0401.JPG
IMG_0402.JPG

Cases split, Crank out, Stator side main bearings out
IMG_0403.JPG

Everything all sorted and labled..
IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0408.JPG

I'm still a Yamaha kinda guy!

honda uses extremely tight tolerances. use the gasket. if you 3 bond it, you take the chance of binding the transmission up.

That is such good stuff. You guys are showing some true family love for the old guy. He's done a good job raising you guys. I love those old quads. Four strokes just aren't the same. Good luck on the build I'm sure he will love it.

Not really, I don't have a son... Nice thing to do there.

See, If I did this, I'd hand my dad the extra R head that's sitting on my bench and a few axle nuts and say, "I come bearing the start to your new 4 wheeler", and never bring it up again.

Not really, I don't have a son... Nice thing to do there.

See, If I did this, I'd hand my dad the extra R head that's sitting on my bench and a few axle nuts and say, "I come bearing the start to your new 4 wheeler", and never bring it up again.

Thanks! I've hit a snag on this build....I got sent the wrong center case gasket, and I'm waiting for the correct one to show up. The seller was cool about it since it was his mistake, But the clock is ticking!