2000 yamaha blaster will only start by being pulled

Charles harris

Apr 14, 2015
Hi I'm new but I have a 2000 yamaha blaster has FMF fatty pipe with FMF power core 2 exhaust open air box carb jetted. It only cranks when I pull start it or if I disconnect the whole exaust system from the motor it it runs and ideld fine I don't know wat is wrong with it I've put another exhaust on it thinking it clogged but same thing happens now I have got it to crank three times with the FMF exhaust on but it will fire and die but now it will not crank my the kick at all if u no wat it is please help

What is your jetting at now? Have you performed a compression test? leak test? Fresh gas, fresh plug, clean oiled air filter?good spark? Also dont run it long without an exhaust.

What year blaster and is parking brake and or tors deleted?

Yes it runs long without the exhaust the gas fresh jet 280 brand new plug air filter great good compression tors it good on it it don't bogg when it runs and a 2000 wat u think it could be ???
What is your jetting at now? Have you performed a compression test? leak test? Fresh gas, fresh plug, clean oiled air filter?good spark? Also dont run it long without an exhaust.

What year blaster and is parking brake and or tors deleted?
s long without

Warning. Do not continue running the engine without a header pipe, the expelled fuel charge which is intended to be pushed Back into the cylinder from the header will not be available and the engine will run dangerously lean!

wild guess maybe it runs without exhaust cuz it is throwing a crap load of gas out one the ground:D
free flowing gas from tank to carb?
is carb leaking gas out the overflow drain hose?
airscrew setting?
float height?
brand new ngk b8es spark plug?

Yes new plug the stew half turn out if I tip the atv half way gas comes out the drain tube but not setting down
wild guess maybe it runs without exhaust cuz it is throwing a crap load of gas out one the ground:D
free flowing gas from tank to carb?
is carb leaking gas out the overflow drain hose?
airscrew setting?
float height?
brand new ngk b8es spark plug?[/QUOTE

half turn on airscrew??
that is not enough
try 1 1/2 turns out=540 degrees from fully closed
carb plus idle 1 1 1 big 1.jpg

the lowest aiscrew setting i have even tried is 3/4 of a turn with toomey pipe open air box
try 1 1/2 turn on airscrew lower the idle...if you understand me:D
you might have a air leak somewheres??

Idle speed adjustment

Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain when the screw is cracked open.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .

Idle speed adjustment

Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain when the screw is cracked open.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .
Ok thanks I'm goin to see if that's wat it is