you thoughts on a tecate 4

i can buy a tecate 4 right now for 300 dollars that runs, an the guys friend tells me not to buy it cuz it has so many probs an its always having to get fixed i thought about buying it anyways cuz its rare...plus where can you get parts for them is what i wanna know!???

i might buy it this weekend if i can find where to get parts.

buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for 300 u cant go wrong

how much do you want for it, my uncle wants one really bad, he said he will drive up and/or meet you somewhere to get it depending on how much yo are selling it for if at all

pm me on more info

finding aftermarket parts for a t4 isn't the problem. It when you break something like a gear in the transmission that's no longer remaining in any warehouses. There's a lot of parts on that quad you wouldn't think of being hard to get until you break it and there's nothing around, and you're stuck retrofitting and modifiying other stuff to make it work. When you own a t4 you almost have to have 2 of them, one to ride and one for a parts bike. Because you just can't count on a machine that's been beat on for 20 years to be bulletproof reliable and never have any problems.

You may start by saying, $300, how can I go wrong? But about $2,000 into replacement parts, and it's still breaking down on you, and half the time your buddies ask if you want to go riding but you can't because it's broke, you start scratching your head and wondering "did I possibly go wrong with this deal?"

I speak from experience when I say that it sucks sucks sucks when you can't ride your quad because half the time you're fixing it or waiting for replacement parts. That's why i'm selling my warrior, all I ever do is spend money on it and fix it. If I left it stock it would have been fine, it's just that my warrior doesn't seem to get along well with non-oem products. So this time i'm buying a quad brand new (not some beat up thing that some kid ran into the ground like last time) and leave it completely stock except for skid plates, tires, and non-mechanical stuff (unlike last time, when I modded the sh*t out of my warrior and lost a ton of money and just caused myself trouble)

Enough of my rant though, good luck with whatever you decide guys

I want to a get a new raptor or something like that sooo bad, lol. I have to wait till spring when i start working again though. Post some pics of it when you get it home.

Just got it tonight. I haven't rode it much, and haven't got it past quarter throttle yet, but holy crap man I think it's as fast at quarter throttle as my warrior was when I really romped on it. And so smooth. I'm lovin it.

Alright, I don't want to steal this thread but you asked for a couple pics of it once I got it home, so here they are. Everything was muddy today and it took me forever to get it cleaned up like it is now.

5ab8af06f8e745a4e28d77aec29cf5a4.jpg

c573b512125758384f113a954a35bb7d.jpg

2ec7e400f77bc36fc474b09ac2131e32.jpg

it looks pretty nice! ain't gonna stay clean long

It got COVERED with mud bad today. Those pics are after i spent over an hour with the pressure washer. The mud wasn't the bad part, the grass and roots that got wrapped around everything were the annoyance because most of it doesn't come off with just water.

Man, it's just killing me that I have to take it easy for a couple tanks of gas to break it in right. I just want to cut it loose and see what it can do. aargh!

yeah,but if u cut it loose too early then u bassically screwed it up, but think of all the fun u will have after the break in.

Haha, there just isn't any comparison. I just got back onto the warrior after riding the raptor for a day, and it feels like i'm riding a slug. Not even just power-wise, the warrior feels so friggin heavy even though it's about the same weight as the raptor.

I'm getting ready to start stripping the warrior down and putting it back to stock. I will already be losing a lot of money, but i'll get a little more back selling the aftermarket stuff seperately.

It's just SO tempting to start spending more money on this thing already. The exhaust is what really annoys me, it sounds like a raptor 50, not a 700. Barker duals and a PCIII probably won't be far off. I gotta do something with this dinky little plastic joke they call a bumper too, I think a black blingstar iron cross will serve as a nice replacement.

i would say buy it parts r easy as hell to find for the tecate 4 dont belieave people who tell u there not u just have to kno where to look if u wanna find out more go to kawieriders.com and click tecate and register to our forums its worth it heres a vid of my tecate this weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
i would buy one in a heart beat..Yeah parts might be alittle harder to locate.But most place arent gonna have blaster parts in 20 yrs either.That goes for everything..my dad use to own one in 86 when they first came out and they were fast as hell..They might have problems just like any other quad does if ya dont maintain them sh*ts gonna break..I mean look at the New raptors with Fi what do u think thats gonna be to fix when it breaks same purpose..Ya gotta Pay to play boys..