you thoughts on a tecate 4

tecates are cool bbut they are obviously not that good due to the fact that they are not around anymore really, look hat the honda trx250r crowned quad of the century by dirtwheels magazine, and parts are still around and has a bigger aftermarket than even the banshee!

and its been more than 20 years since production on them came to a hault and the aftermarket is still alive.

so if u ask me lt250r's and tecate 4's are a thing of the past and cant withstand the test of time

the lt250 was around longer and was apowervalved motor....

it may have been around longer but it certainly wasnt better. trx250r will eat a lt250r in track trails and drag.
powervalve motors are good but the gain of a power valve system isnt any better than a regular engine due to the expansion chambers design it is known to cause problems.

The only thing that made the honda better than the other 2 is the suspension geometry was a little better for racing, so all the aftermarket companies focused their products towards them. The quadracer and tecate 4 were both faster machines out of the box. But that honda 250r chassis did prove itself to be one of the best handling chassis of all time, especially with that light 2 stroke motor in it. Although looks aren't much, I think the tecate 4 was by far the best looking out of them, and one of the coolest looking quads ever built.

out of the box dirtwheels claims the tecate4 was teh fastest and the tecate 4 also has a powervalved motor and they r reliable if kno what ur doin if u thnk u canjust gas and go ur wrong cuz all bikes require u to do some work the tecate 4 just needs u to tighten or lube more so nothing does happen there really only 2 probs on the tecate and thats the kickstarter gear and the stator the stator is now fixed by ricky stator and u will never have a prob with ur kickstarter ass long as u make sure it is engaged first like all bikes this one has its strong points and weakpoints

ill drop my blaster right now for a tecate three wheeler...my dad had one back in the day that would beat banshees hands down everysingle time,and not stock abnshees im talkin worked ones,and this isnt just comin from him ive had random peopel meat me while im ridin and ask who i am and soon as they hear my last name the ask if i know jack and ho wmuch of a bad ass bike he had

The Tecate 4 was a great quad and stock vs. stock it was the fastest of the pinger 250 quads. It's also the rarest and the hardest to find parts for. Thats the reason I would pass on it unless I got a rediculas deal on her. IMO unless your serious about restoring it with some outlay of cash, I'd just stick with the old Blasty.