Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009

Attachments

• works.jpg
    works.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 286
Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal for sure bro.You know my suggestion,buy a nice set of extended a-arms.lol The lowering blocks are probably the easiest.

yeah, i'd luv to have some wider a-arms, but dont think most of these trails around here will allow it, so lowering blocks it will prolly be, i'm looking for ones i saw the other day, that said they are suitable for jumping, most say "not for jumping", but i saw some that are

yeah, i'd luv to have some wider a-arms, but dont think most of these trails around here will allow it, so lowering blocks it will prolly be, i'm looking for ones i saw the other day, that said they are suitable for jumping, most say "not for jumping", but i saw some that are

I thought the same thing when I got wider a-arms.The trails get really tight around here but I was surprised after installing them.I clear all the normal trails I ride.You know best,who am I questioning.lol If those lowering kits say not for jumping then go for the steel and break out the welder.It's got to be alot stronger than using those blocks.

awk i run alot of tight trails with my arms and cant say that i hang anymore than the stockers. i hang the extended rear alot tho lol.....could u weld some mounts a little lower on the stock arms?

yes these are stock yfz length, 16 inches, and i will either get the lowering blocks that can be jumped with, or yes, weld new mounts a little lower on the a-arm, i will also be looking at a new higher mount on top???
all the lowering kits i've seen say 3.5 inches lower, that will prolly be too much, so new mounts welded on to my likings are my best bet, not a problem, since i just did the rear, for the way too long, 250r shock on my boys gike

the shocks are around 2" longer than the stockers, the lowering kit drops it by 3.5" using the stock length shock, with the 16" shock, you should be around the same height as stock. Think about the geometry behind the arms for a second and u'll see what i mean.

Reactions: callmej75
you could do what phragle did with his red bike and move the shock mount to the upper frame rail....there's a pic floating around somewhere

heres the cfm lowering blocks that say safe for jumping, and the details from the site......................
wlrk94.jpg

Yamaha Blaster Front Lowering Kit $59.95
Don't be fooled by cheap imitations!!! CFM Performance is the original manufacturer of this style lowering kit. The only lowering kit strong enough for MX use.
How do you know when other lowering kits are cheap? They will tell you in the item description, "not for jumping."
We have been selling hundreds of these every year for the last 10 years with zero broken and zero returned, even after several years of MX use.
Others say, "not for jumping". We say, jump all you want, as long as you have a CFM lowering kit.
New billet aluminum front lowering kit for the Yamaha ATV's listed in the description. Manufactured by CFM Performance.
Bolts to the top of your lower a-arms where the stock lower shock mount is. Lower shock is now mounted to the new bracket. Only takes a few minutes to install or remove. Will lower the front of your Yamaha about 4". Also makes the front end 2" wider. Lower center of gravity for faster cornering.
Will fit any year Banshee, Blaster, Warrior, Raptor 350 and Raptor 660.

ok if you ask me i dont think none of these blocks are safe for jumping, i cant explain very well so ill see if i can draw up a explanation

no, they wont pivot, i looked at them, and how the lower stock mount is, and it will be jammed inwards and down, preventing it from moving
the bottom sits flush on the arm and is bolted tight, and there is at least 1/2" to 3/4" that sits behind the pivot point of the bolt, keeping the block from pivoting, if the pivot point was at the inner edge, then it may pivot
like the ad says..... zero failures, zero returns after 10 years of mx use, thats sounds good enuf for me
but that was some sick ass art, picasso!!!!!

heres my explaination as why they wont pivot, the extra 1/2-3/4" sticking back behind the bolt(pivot point) cant move downwards cause it sits on the a-arm plate, and into the stock mount ????
2nsnxow.jpg

oh and btw dually, why dont i see those elkas yet, you know the ones you sniped from me off of freek???? hahahaaa
but thanx for doin that anyway, cause these are a way better shock, triple rates, for $25 less, and dont need rebuilt