wiring

foxracin47x

Apr 13, 2008
mass
ok so i got an 03 blasty.....whcih wires in harness are which....i need to know what ones go to cdi, what ones i can splice to killswitch. i ahve no headlight or key, anyhelp appreciated!

i need to find out by tomoraa so i can work on it, wore harness runs from stator towards the back of the quad up to what point....? where does wireharness plug into cdi

This is what i have taken from my 94, so if it doesn't match up my bad, i tried

ok so i got an 03 blasty.....whcih wires in harness are which....i need to know what ones go to cdi, what ones i can splice to killswitch. i ahve no headlight or key, anyhelp appreciated!

I haven't quite figured out how to wire up a kill switch yet but i can help you out with the wires. From the stator their are 4 wires, black(ground), Yellow/Red(power for the lights i believe), Black/Red(don't know, goes from stator to cdi), and White/Red(also don't know, goes from stator to cdi).

From the CDI box their are 5 wires, Orange(to ignition coil), Black(ground), Black/Red(from stator), White/Red(from stator), and Black/White(goes to tors control)

So after writing all this down, i believe you will want to use the Black/white wire from the cdi unit on one side of your switch and ground on the other, but i am not positive on this.

like i said not sure if this is the same on the newer bikes

The CDI is a box up front, left side, under the hood. It has a large connector with about six wires going into it. Assuming your kill switch is the kind that closes when pulled, grounding out the blk/wht wire, which also goes to the key switch and run switch, should work fine. Blk/wht wire to one side of switch, ground on other side.