Wires.. Wires

well i can also do that. Lol like im not gonna lie, i have fuc*ing a d d and like i get pissed when i break something and goddamit i snapped the ignition coil ground wire. So i got a entire new set up(wiring harness and half the wire plugs are missing from the old harness.

Like i know, but like idk where u splice it back togeather? thats why a picture would help. Not being a dick. But like i want to eliminate anything and everything i can brandoz. Im sorry if i seem like a assshole. Cause i was reading through a tread and seen someone said they only had like 7 wires on their blaster. I was like how the hell

you just have to settle down and take a look at a diagram......what do you still need? lights? still need the injection warning light? TORS still there?

then all you need to do is look at the wiring diagrams, and eliminate basically all the wires but the ones to the CDI, coil, and the killswitch

Its very possible. I stripped a wiring harness for my neighbor and he is only running his Blaster on six wires. Three from the stator, the orange wire for the coil, a ground wire for the CDI, and one black ground wire that goes up the handlebars to a CR125 push-button kill switch. Easy.

Here's how you do it: (I'd show pics if I had them...sorry!)

Look at your stator plate. Unbolt the lighting coil, cut the wire, and toss it.

Now you've only got 3 wires coming off the stator plate.

Peel all the electrical tape off your factory harness, until just wires remain.

Trace the 3 remaining wires from the stator plate up to the CDI box. Leave these alone.

Leave the orange wire that goes from the CDI box to the ignition coil alone.

Find the black wire coming off the CDI box with a white chaser (white stripe). This is your ignition kill wire. It must be open for the bike to run, and grounded to stop the spark and kill the engine. Trace this wire back into the harness and snip it neatly where it is spliced to all the other black wires.

Find the solid black wire that goes from the CDI box to the igntion coil. This is the ground wire with the ring terminal that you accidentally broke. You need this one to run. Leave it alone.

Cut out all the rest! You'll have to snip some ground wires off of the CDI ground wire; they come together at a crimp fitting and you can snip them one at a time. Tape up the wiring harness when you get done, add a kill switch to the black wire with the white chaser that you cut neatly earlier, and you're ready to ride!

I'll be glad to do all this for you if you'd like. Send me your harness, I'll mod it, and pay return shipping. $ 15.00 done and shipped back to you. I may start offering this service to everyone on here. We'll see who's interested...

Reactions: Demo4o1
Ok, cool. Yeah, its not hard, just think before you cut.

All the green, yellow, and blue wires in the factory harness can be cut without any second thoughts. Get rid of 'em first, and it'll make doing the rest of the snipping less intimidating. You can unbolt and put away the voltage regulator. Same with the tail light wires. Cut them both. One is blue; the other is black and goes to a crimp fitting in the harness. This is one of the many ground wires you don't need and can snip.

Don't cut any wires that come off the CDI box; you need all of these to run.

Any problems, just let me know. Or do one harness yourself, and send me the one you screwed up. I'll fix it and you've got a spare.

I've done this so much its ridiculous. Every Blaster I touch gets major wiring harness surgery. lol.

Bow? Got a pic? There is a small silver box there, with a blue wire coming out of it and a black ground wire screwed down on it...that is your voltage regulator and can be removed. Is that what you are talking about?

BTW, if you do my mod, the whole factory handlebar switch assembly can be trashed. You'll just need that dirtbike kill switch.

ok braptor. I have 3 wires coming off the cdi. Keep thoes? and now the little red plug thing coming from the handlebar killswitch(red sliding thing). I have 1 wire on it. A black one. But another wire hanging front the plactic strip from the killswitch. It's not pluged into anything but i think it should be used.

yeah the wiring was very easy ive done 2 of them i dont even need the diagram i got rid of everything but the key switch it was one of the first things i did i do have an extra harness laying around so if you need another let me know

2cxiwyh.jpg

Thats the wire next to the red pluggy thing.