Blaster not firing

SlickRidin

May 23, 2024
I'm not sure what year it is, it's anywhere from a 1988 - 2006

It has a brand new stator, wiring harness and coil pack.

I think it's been bored to a 225 not sure.

Please help. The only hot wire is the headlights (orange and red as said in the diagram)

Red and White wire isn't hot and the coil isn't getting anything, We've tried everything we can think of.

I've saw this issue on a couple of banshees but not many on blasters.

Check all of your harness connections relating to ignition. Those little bullet connectors can start becoming issues as these machines get older. One of my 250Rs was giving me fits last year, acted like a jetting issue, then figured out I had weak spark. Found the power lead coming from the stator to the coil had a bullet connector that was almost completely broken at the crimp. Repaired the connection and she rips again.

Check all of your harness connections relating to ignition. Those little bullet connectors can start becoming issues as these machines get older. One of my 250Rs was giving me fits last year, acted like a jetting issue, then figured out I had weak spark. Found the power lead coming from the stator to the coil had a bullet connector that was almost completely broken at the crimp. Repaired the connection and she rips again.
Brand new out of the box wiring harness I ordered and put on last week and hasn't been touched since, bought a new one because I thought the old one was torn up, But no. To my understanding right now it's grounding out on the way to the coil it gets fire at the front in a single wire, the headlight wires and no more then that.

I remember the TORs system had a switch on the thumb throttle & the carb that caused a lot of ignition problems. If tors is still on your bike you might search archives for tors problems.

Reactions: RIDE-RED350r
I remember the TORs system had a switch on the thumb throttle & the carb that caused a lot of ignition problems. If tors is still on your bike you might search archives for tors problems.
Mine doesn't have any of it connected up, just the tors box

Also, what does TORS stand for?

TORS Stands for Throttle Over Ride System, this electrical system is commonly found in ATV applications in the case the throttle malfunctions, the TORS system will shut off spark to the motor.
TORs was bad but it was partially removed from my quad, I've got spark back and all that but now it's riding in reverse. I'm gonna try pulling my flywheel off and seeing if my timing is off, Also gonna see if my flywheels key came off.

Reactions: RIDE-RED350r
TORS Stands for Throttle Over Ride System, this electrical system is commonly found in ATV applications in the case the throttle malfunctions, the TORS system will shut off spark to the motor.
also, I plugged a green into black and spark came back It's the green and black near Killswitch/lights plug and headlight wires.