why does my car hate me???

Youre not making 200 wheel torque and matching wheel hp. Those things are rated at the flywheel. Youd be lucky to have 165whp with a KLZE swap. Most of the KLZE swaps with boltons are making in the 150s to the wheels.

Not bagging it or nothing, just saying, be realistic.

Youre not making 200 wheel torque and matching wheel hp. Those things are rated at the flywheel. Youd be lucky to have 165whp with a KLZE swap. Most of the KLZE swaps with boltons are making in the 150s to the wheels.

Not bagging it or nothing, just saying, be realistic.

i was being over rated lol...

my point was i like making torque numbers close to the same hp :D:D:D:D:D

not like hondas.. 300whp and 140 torque bbhhahahaha!!!

and klde on 8 psi will make over 260hp and klzes have made close to 300 on 6 psi

just like droppin a yz490 in a blaster just takes a lil ingenuity haha ive seen an AE86 with a sr20 in it so the weird hybrids are out there im sure

sorry to get off topic. the sr20 is a common swap into the AE86, companies now even make aftermarket motor and trans mounts to do this swap. I used to be way into them and built an 86 silver hatch which had a fully rebuilt 4age. It was fun for a long time. I traded it to my friend for a WRX which I'm going to do a rally build with after finishing my blaster (my wife said only one project at a timeX().....my buddy who traded me though took out the 4age motor i'd spent years building and sold it to my other friend for his SR5 to do the conversion. He is now building a S2000 motor for the GTS.......now that is a sick swap. It'll be only the second one I've ever seen.

Its dumb to put a 20det in a toyota. Toyota already has an engine thats as good or better. Its called a 3SGTE, and Ive seen several of those done in AE86s too. But not saying that to disagree with you Pickled, just saying it cause Im a 80s-90s Toyota guy through and through. What can I say? I own a 91 MR2 Turbo.

I agree, I think it's a dumb swap as well, just was pointing out that it was common in response to alex90's post. I told my buddy that is doing the S2000 swap that he was gonna waste a whole lot of time and money as well. I had the 4age built and had a bit into it, It was a nice motor and before trading it I was trying to track down a TRD supercharger for it, it just never panned out. I tried to push my friend into doing the same, he dropped 3500 just for that s2000 motor and it's gonna be a wiring nightmare.

I got the way better deal. WRX hatch with full APEXi turbo back cat-delete exhaust, full KYB suspension, Siebon CF hood (but it's trashed) and a few other goodies. It is a first year hatch, which I like better than the sedan, better balance and only 70lbs more than sedan. The real bonus is that it has A true EJ20 Japenese motor. Most don't know but 04-up stateside WRX and STI have the american-made EJ25 plucked from the forester and turbocharged. The benefit of the EJ20 is that it can handle higher boost levels and
the STI manifold, intercooler and vf39 turbo can be directly bolted on with a ECU controller which is the route I'm goin.....

dude why put a nissan in a mazda to begin with, granted i have done the sr20 swap myself in a 240 and they are quite simple and put out good numbers for what they are, build ur car up from the ground instead of a swap, its more gratifying than just swapping out a motor.

my buddy took his little ford focus found a blown up motor and we completely disassembled it and rebuilt it from the ground up with mild porting, stage 2 cams new forged pistons, not sure of the valves we put in it but i know they have a higher lift, hes got about 10k or so into it, i could write a book on what we did. when we fired it up and it was running like a champ there is no better feeling. unfortunately he is just breaking it in because we finished it right before we left for cali...oh yeah the reason for the build was he wanted something that would run better with his supercharger.

Valves on a 4 stroke dont determine lift. The cams do. You guys might have put 1mm oversized valves in there, and that coupled with the "stage 2 cams" is increasing lift, but valves themselves have nothing to do with the lift itself.

My bro has a Mitsubishi Eclipse GST with an oversize turbo, full NOS system, aftermarket ECU, 4 inch dump pipe, and stage 2 cams with oversized valves and it is sweet. He also has a wider body kit on it and it is lowered 2 inches. Red neons and carbon fiber tail and head lights. But I mean come on guys buy an AMERICAN CAR! He used to have a '97 SVT Cobra and that thing ran 160 without a problem. Buy a car made with wrenches, not chopsticks. =]

final update.. car is back on the road,

pgt trans has a little quicker gears but not really that noticeable, 3rd gear scratches just a little ( what ya expect for a junk yard trans) and it feels like its got a little axle shake, so im wondering if the new left side axle isnt quit right..

still to much play in the mounts even with the front filled, trans mount filled, and rear mount half filled, if i get the ambition later tonight i may drill a few holes in the right side mount( hydrolic mount) and fill it with the window weld as well..

if that dont take care of it i having the front mount welded solid