wheel flip

chrismajcher

Sep 9, 2008
lowell, in
hey some one told me to flip my stock wheels around, to make it feel wider, and it seems to work pretty good, is this common to you all, or will it just wind up messing more things up than its worth?it added like 3- 4 inches to my stance.

yea but after i buy them, pay shipping, and then have the tires taken off and put back on, i could just spend the $60 for wheel spacers, and flip the wheels (3" or so on both sides)

so yo know, flipping wheels is not as good as you think. it moves the pivot point of the wheel farther away from the spindle. It also puts more stress on the wheel, making it more likely to bend either the wheel or the spindle. it also increases bump steer. it is like adding wheel spacers to the front of your quad. it might seem good for putting around, but can have serious side effects

yeah but a couple inches will only create a fairly nominal amount of negative affect for most riders. unless you do some extremely agressive trail riding the increase in bump steer is very marginal.
when i flipped my wheels, i did the flush valve, but then you gotta carry around the little adapter piece to inflate the tires (which i've already lost) so i think when it's time to put on new tires (prob this winter) i'll go ahead and drill another hole on the now outside of the wheel and install another set of valves since i'll have the tires off anyway.
nbutler, why would you pay a shop to pull your tires for you? it's not really that difficult to do if you know how.