Whats the fastest quad your Blaster has beaten?

OMG that is so hillarious!! 450 atv's dont have power chips. they only have cdi boxes.
it is so hillarious listening to blaster owner bs.
i love hearing all the blaster owners brag about how fast theirs runs.
real dreamers i'll tell ya....

most of the blaster owners here have gotten really quiet since pulling out my radar gun.

i used to think the blasters were just absolutely super fast too, i own a stroke big bored and ported 1993 blaster.

til i bought a honda trx450er...

then i bought a radar gun because i got tired of the other blaster owners swearing their blaster would run 60 mph.
they were surprized that they were only doing 45-50 mph. if they modded them out completely.
got them all really quiet fast.

A stock blaster is good for only 45-53mph. But my CT blaster can walk by a 660 grizzly doing 55 mph. I would love to get radard to see if I can go over 65 mph.

yeah most companies that offer big bore kits boast and lower the stock hp count to make their kits seem better.
ie: if you are only boasting 55 hp it makes sense to say that it is a 33 hp engine stock.

check trx450r.org you can get the real skinny on stock hp.

looking at the link they are basing this off a 2004-2005, which only had a 10.5:1 compression ratio which still broght more than just 33 hp.

the 2006 and up came stock with 12:1 compression ratio.

they also show their kits with a 12:1 compression ratio at 55 hp so you know they are fudging their numbers.

a 3mm stroker crank brings the 2006 and up trx450r to a 470cc on the er model and 471cc's on the r model
Hot Rods +3mm Complete Stroker Crank TRX450R '04-05
and adding a 13:1 high comp piston matches their 479cc's easily.

then add a stage 1 or 2 hotcam and you are really smoking, making their 479cc's look silly.
and you can even purchase a 522cc kit for the trx450er and r
add exhaust, maybe port the exhaust a little.
it's almost endless with the trx450r and er models.

but come ride my trx450er and you'll see for yourself why the blaster just can't touch it.
it has tons of unbelieveable power that you can feel and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
just checked with honda the 2004 and 2005 models came stock with 42hp

which only leaves you imagining the 2006 and up 450er with the 12:1 compression ratio coming out higher.

the stock hp according to Honda of Chattanooga is 46 hp

so that baja site is way off and certainly bs,ing hard to make their bb kit seem better.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah most companies that offer big bore kits boast and lower the stock hp count to make their kits seem better.
ie: if you are only boasting 55 hp it makes sense to say that it is a 33 hp engine stock.

check trx450r.org you can get the real skinny on stock hp.

looking at the link they are basing this off a 2004-2005, which only had a 10.5:1 compression ratio which still broght more than just 33 hp.

the 2006 and up came stock with 12:1 compression ratio.

they also show their kits with a 12:1 compression ratio at 55 hp so you know they are fudging their numbers.

a 3mm stroker crank brings the 2006 and up trx450r to a 470cc on the er model and 471cc's on the r model
Hot Rods +3mm Complete Stroker Crank TRX450R '04-05
and adding a 13:1 high comp piston matches their 479cc's easily.

then add a stage 1 or 2 hotcam and you are really smoking, making their 479cc's look silly.
and you can even purchase a 522cc kit for the trx450er and r
add exhaust, maybe port the exhaust a little.
it's almost endless with the trx450r and er models.

but come ride my trx450er and you'll see for yourself why the blaster just can't touch it.
it has tons of unbelieveable power that you can feel and see.

SO if i get one get the 06 and up, that is good to know.

not upset, i actually see this quite alot at the shop.

i hear owners of all atv's coming in and boasting about their top speeds.

thats why i bought a radar gun.

not to convince myself but to show them the truth.
and in some ways research newer atv's for myself to see what they were actually doing.

iam a speed nut, i love to go fast so if there is a faster quad i usually go out and buy it.

and i never own a stock atv for very long before it gets all the mods i can give it.

the only thing i can do to mine now is go with a 522cc kit.

thats why my blaster is modded as hard as i can go.

i gave my bb blaster to my son after i had gone as far as i could with it. and bought a trx450er to start on it.

seriously if you are in the chattanooga tennessee area come by and i'll let you try out the trx450er.

not upset, i actually see this quite alot at the shop.

i hear owners of all atv's coming in and boasting about their top speeds.

thats why i bought a radar gun.

not to convince myself but to show them the truth.
and in some ways research newer atv's for myself to see what they were actually doing.

iam a speed nut, i love to go fast so if there is a faster quad i usually go out and buy it.

and i never own a stock atv for very long before it gets all the mods i can give it.

the only thing i can do to mine now is go with a 522cc kit.

thats why my blaster is modded as hard as i can go.

i gave my bb blaster to my son after i had gone as far as i could with it. and bought a trx450er to start on it.

seriously if you are in the chattanooga tennessee area come by and i'll let you try out the trx450er.

It would be fun to have a radar gun. My kids have a hotwheels radar gun and I was told it will do true speed.

yeah the 2004 and5 had a lower compression ratio, it wound up faster with the shorter stroke, but lost out on top end.

the 2006 and up was significantly better.

funny thing is everyone races the 2004 and 5 because they wind up faster coming out of corners.
but you can make the 04 and 05 just as stout as the 2006.

i like to hybrid parts from other engines to get a faster engine.
change gears out, sometimes you run into the sport bike engines that swap out gears, takes alot of time to research and check but when you can find one that fits it's really worth it.

i suspect there is a sportbike tranny gearing that will fit the yamaha blaster, iam checking into that now. gonna take some time to do though.

in case you weren't aware, the older ltz250 full floater swingarms (with the round axle carrier) can be fitted on the yamaha blaster for a good +2 inch longer aluminum swingarm.

you have to cut spacers where the swingarm bolt goes through the engine to keep the swinger straight, but they do work.

It would be fun to have a radar gun. My kids have a hotwheels radar gun and I was told it will do true speed.

you are absolutely correct, those were tested against the radar that the police use, the hotwheels radar gun is accurate within plus or minus 1 mph.

they are pretty accurate and work well for a kids toy.

you can actually use them to test the true speed of your atv.

i tested my sons hotwheels radar gun against my pulsar radar gun and it was dead on.

set it on 1-1 and mph

I got a hot wheels radar gun myself and it's pretty accurate +/- 2-3 mph.
I never could understand the need for top speed it just doesn't prove that much,
but to each their own.
I know stroked taters blaster hits 80mph in the 500ft with his 15/38 gears.
My sneaky sleeper blaster prolly tops out at around 90-100mph with it's 17/40 gears.
Being around the shop then you know a 60hp 450 is living on borrowed time
so yeah it will beat some of these kids quads in a drag but only for a short while lol

i paid over 200.00 for the pulsar, needless to say i was thoroughly whizzed off to find out my sons hot wheels radar gun was just as good......go figure....

the hw radar guns used to sell in walmart but they pulled them all out, but you can still find them for around 20.00 or so on ebay.

oh and sorry guys, i dont mean to come off like an arse, it's just that i own an atv and dirtbike repair and mod shop and i hear constantly owners talking about how fast "they say" their atv will go.

it gets a little old to be honest...

the yamaha blaster is one of my favorite atv's because of the massive hp you can get out of them for their size and the seemingly endless cheap mods you can do to them.

the blaster really made me proud to be a yamaha customer.

in honor of the title of this post...
i have outrun a trx400ex trx300ex, an ltz400 (the harder one to beat)
and a 350 raptor with the ported 240bb stroker blaster.

it made me proud to ride it,

i came really close to outrunning a trx400 with a 440 bb kit and a hotcam in it.
but in the very end my front wheels were at his gas tank.

yeah the 2004 and5 had a lower compression ratio, it wound up faster with the shorter stroke, but lost out on top end.

the 2006 and up was significantly better.

funny thing is everyone races the 2004 and 5 because they wind up faster coming out of corners.
but you can make the 04 and 05 just as stout as the 2006.

i like to hybrid parts from other engines to get a faster engine.
change gears out, sometimes you run into the sport bike engines that swap out gears, takes alot of time to research and check but when you can find one that fits it's really worth it.

i suspect there is a sportbike tranny gearing that will fit the yamaha blaster, iam checking into that now. gonna take some time to do though.

in case you weren't aware, the older ltz250 full floater swingarms (with the round axle carrier) can be fitted on the yamaha blaster for a good +2 inch longer aluminum swingarm.

you have to cut spacers where the swingarm bolt goes through the engine to keep the swinger straight, but they do work.

A itz250 swingarm like that would be nice to have what years?
but a +3 or +4 would be better.
I think the DT or IT or TY 200 or maybe it was the WR 200 sportbike gearing that will fit a blaster. I dont remember which one but I know ther is a old sportbike tranny gearing that will fit.

Wolf I get you.
9 out of 10 times what your sayin is the truth but there are some blasters out there that got chips on their shoulders hehe.
I love to see stretch frame drag blasters beat up on 450 of all kinds I:I
I'm also glad to see some one else bring up the hot wheel radar gun.