What mod has the biggest effect?

Brooks

Mar 7, 2011
Houston Texas
I have a 2001 blaster, it has a fatty & power core 2, vitos 240 kit, reed spacer, jetted carb, oil injector delete, and I believe that's all... If I wanted to do one more pricey thing what you suggest? I want a lot of power, I dont want to have it ported. What is the thing i could do for the most power? Give me your top 3 picks. Thanks for all advice and opinions.

And does anyone know where I could get street tires and what rims fit with them?

well porting is really going to open it up and give u the most out of it, not porting it is really going to hinder the performance u want, get it ported and it will wake up like it used to be a dead troll, vf3's-cpi bb pipe, 35mm carb, cfm air box. the list goes on

Wanting alot of power like you stated and not wanting to port your motor is counterproductive. Port work is the best power adder out there in my opinion. Whats the reason not wanting a good port job?? Porting as well as a stroker crank is where all the big power is.

Toomey pipe , 35mm carb , porting is truly gonna make the motor scream .
Street tires can be found at rocky mountain atv or cheap cycle parts , motorcycle superstore .

Where could I have it ported? Any recommendations on where I can have it done? I heard porting the vitos 240 kit causes bad problems with over heating.

Im in the same boat as you basically and my next mods will be a cpi pipe 35mm carb and +3-4 crank.

I got a buddy with a raptor 660R id love to show up or atleast hang with.his raptors a beast and all it has done to it is a dmc exhaust and jetting.

If your question is whwt single mod will net you the bggest gains you have the basics as i do you just need to perfect it as a whole my exhaust hinders my performance as well as the stock carb.remember its more important how things work together as a whole than on their own.

I personally like the idea of off the shelf hop up parts or bolt ons but porting really is where its at if nothing else watch kens videos and follow his instructions to the letter i didnt run it before so i cant say but i can get the tires up in 4th now with my current configuration she just runs outta steam before it should.

talk to ken o connor, he is doing my vitos 240 right now, good price great guy and will really work ur motor, i have a +3 that is going in it and i cant wait to get it back. but like i said, porting is where the power is and the stroker crank, pipe carb etc.

Where could I have it ported? Any recommendations on where I can have it done? I heard porting the vitos 240 kit causes bad problems with over heating.

More internet misinformation :eek: !! Did you build it as it is now or buy? At this point porting will be the biggest bang for your buck. That way you'll get the most out of what you have, and any other mods you may do later. If you don't want to pop for vf-3 consider a good two stage reed and porting the cage.