What car to build?

I was looking at a civic also, would i wanna get a civic with the VTECH motor?

What's a good motor swap for a original civic?

V-Tech is the same as GM's vortec series of engines, its variable valve timing, its really not that special, stay away from honda if you want a car with performance for cheap, and stay away from DSM's if you want a daily driver

I've kinda been stuck on the eclipse GS with a turbo kit, full body kit an lambo doors for a daily driver, what's your opinion on that.

I was going to go 8lbs boost because that's the max you can do on a stock motor without internal motor work.

Still trying to decide what to go with, if the eclipse is always breaking down then maybe i will go with the civic since they are known to last forever.

I'm lookin at the 94 an up body style civics.

here is what you want if you are going to look for a civic. 92-95 hatchback with either a b16 or a b18 swap. you can get one for under 5k and have a mid to high 13sec in the 1/4 car. Throw on a turbo kit and put it in the 11s.

i would get a eclipse if i were u cause they have like the strongest import motor

my brother runs 20lbs of boost with a stock motor

From what i read the most boost you can have on a stock motor in the eclipse is 8lbs other wise you need to change your connecting rods an pistons

nope hes running 20lbs but i think the intercooler hepls that out i believe

but i think the stock ine is putting out 14lbs

i also think hes full of it, but if you want reliability honda is the way to go, i for one would go with an accord with a DOHC engine, i think the liter's are like 2.0 or 2.2, someone will know the exact alpha-numeric name for it im sure

ok...hold up everyone eclipses are nice and all but you can do a lot more to a civic engine swap, and parts wise...and all these swaps include tranny

2000 and up civic (expensive)
f20c v tech (from s2000 rwd) (5000-6000)
k20a v tech (fwd) (5000-6000)

2000 and under
b16a v tech (fwd) (1000-2000)
b16b v tech (fwd) (2000-3000)
b18c v tech (fwd) (4000-5000)
k20a v tech (fwd) (5000-6000)
f20c v tech (rwd) (5000-6000)

The most bang for you f*ck is f20 but its rwd which is expensive to change from fwd so i would say b18c or b16b, b18c is 200hp b16b is 185hp so b16b is great for the price and turbo it with all the extra stuff u know is great u can have 400-500hp easily maybe even more if you want it this is the link for the engines if you need any more info pm me
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=category&keyword=JDM USDM Engines&hit=10

nope hes running 20lbs but i think the intercooler hepls that out i believe

but i think the stock ine is putting out 14lbs

Please tell me where you get your information........Because none of it sounds right, i've done looked into turbos an it tells you the max boost on a stock motor an it says 8 for an eclipse.

my friend was running 18lbs on a stock eclipse motor and i believe the stock setting is 14 or 16 lbs. hondas are the ones you only do 8 lbs to a stock motor anything more than that you want to do internal engine work

Well where i got the info must be wrong then? it said 8lbs is the safest for stock motors on the eclipses. Hmm....ohwell Lol