Went Riding This Afternoon

Braaaptor

Dec 1, 2009
Hamlet, NC
Well, after a last-minute change of plans, Mike (EvilElvis) and his friends weren't able to join me for an afternoon ride today. BUT, I went on ahead and tore it up at Outback ATV Park in Laurinburg, NC. One of the owners of the park brought his boys along, so we all hit the trails for a good afternoon of riding. Didn't plan on wrecking, but that didn't stop the fun.

Here's some pics:

Temporary check-in station at the front entrance road, set up in the back of a semi

100_3459.jpg

Picnic area at the front of the park

100_3460.jpg

A beautiful white sand pit, all the way in the back.

100_3464.jpg

100_3467.jpg

The Blasty got sh*t on during this trip. Seems everytime I go riding (no matter how clean I try to stay) I STILL get muddy! Lol

100_3471.jpg

I wrecked my Blasty this time out. See this? Yeah, most people would! I didn't.

100_3463.jpg

Neither did the guy in front of me who was kicking up a huge dust cloud VVVV...

100_3466.jpg

Anyways, we had what we thought was a clear stretch of trail ahead of us. So, we were getting on the throttle, doing maybe 35mph, when all of a sudden I see a LTZ 400 go airborne. I slam on the brakes, but not soon enough. I hit the log head-on. Blaster bucks like a bronco. I fly off the seat, stare at the sky for an instant, and find myself thrown on the ground with the Blaster turned on its side. Fortunately, it didn't land on top of me. The other dude somehow managed to land on his feet, so by then he had gotten up and was pulling the Blasty back down onto all 4 wheels. Can't believe we didn't have a pile-up of ATVs and riders with this one. In the end, neither one of us (or the ATV's) were seriously hurt. I'm still gonna be SORE tomorrow morning...

Here's the end result. Bent handlebars suck. Good thing I have a new set from LOCSTA on the way!

100_3470.jpg

Yeah, fun afternoon.

And for those of you who wonder if its worth wearing a helmet?! It is. Good 'ol Brain Bucket saved my ass once more...

Oh, and needless to say, we reported the downed tree as soon as we got back to camp, and it got cleaned up ASAP.

100_3468.jpg

sweet, thanx for the pics
if you aint wreckin, you aint ridin !!!!!