Vitos STOCK bore rebuild kit? adds 5hp??

Scspeed

Aug 23, 2009
I saw this kit on ebay while i was looking for a new piston, rings, gaskets to go in my stock jug, which is in good shape.

I thought it was perfect cuz its a good price, and comes with everything i need. I was just curious of how good it is, and how the hell it adds 5hp? is it because the piston has less clearance to the head giving it more compression? or is it because the gaskets are thinner giving it more compression?

Also it says to rejet, im thinking start with a 280 main? hopfully that would bump it up enough then I could always go down from there...?

LINK: YAMAHA BLASTER SUPER STOCK PISTON KIT ADD 5+ HP STD: eBay Motors (item 200256536032 end time Aug-12-10 17:18:52 PDT)

So all i would need is this kit? And then obviously to check and make sure b4 i buy that my jug is stock bore, and if it is. Hone it b4 assembly correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
well, im rebuilding this quad, keeping it for a month or two tops then selling is. so should i really be concerned?

I mean they cant honistly be THAT bad. im sure its life might not be as good as a weisco but it cant be that bad.

Also vitos makes the 240 kits and i have owned one now for 4 years and the thing still runs like a raped ape.

personally i'd put a wiseco in it and just do it right.....or a pro-x has been getting a good rep lately too

^^^ true and isn't the pro-x piston also made by wiseco?

also isn't their super stock kits suppose to weigh less too?

The vito's super stock piston is a Wiseco Pro-lite with 1mm taken off the exhaust side lip just above the rings to simulate a "ported" engine without actually having to port.

What they don't tell you is while it adds HP (I doubt very seriously there are dyno numbers to back up 5 HP) it also makes your engine "peakier". The blaster engine has a fairly flat torque curve (for a 2 stroke) to begin with so a little peakier is ok but not too peeky or it's feast or famine with the powerband.

Wiseco doesn't sell Pro-X so I would say no. I'm pretty sure Pro-X is made in Japan and not a forged piston.

Sorry to argue with you Ken, but Wiseco sells them (ProX) right off their website:
Product Search Engine For All Products - Wiseco Piston Inc.
"ProX Racing Parts are an excellent economic alternative when you are looking for an OEM replacement product. They are mainly manufactured in Japan by reputable Original Equipment Manufacturers to ProX's exact specifications and high quality standards. ProX leads the industry in cast and forged pistons made specifically to replace OEM parts."

gotta be careful what you order ,you can get wiesco or take the chance ..pro-x is decent but its usually cast and heavy ...vitos makes several different styles of pistons just becuase its made by wiseco for vitos doesnt mean its the same piston as a wiseco because its not* ,you want forged but not their pie cut /giant intake window ones not sure what they call them these days probably something like " super mega power +16 horse eliminator pistons " the .040 pie cut on the exhaust wont hurt much o n a stock motor (it will throw the timing off though) on a crappy 70's port layout like the blaster the cut will improve the blowdown timing and offer a gain along with a small increase in peak rpms but definitly not 6 horsepower or whatever they currently claim though also a lighter rotational mass will improve response ... but because of the intake windows being too close and low to the skirt and narrow bridge they can usually crack on the bridge and if left in too long they will drop the skirt and destroy your engine -got a bunch of them sitting here to prove it ..another junk piston to avoid is namura

Sorry to argue with you Ken, but Wiseco sells them (ProX) right off their website

So they do. I didn't know that. They don't even mention them or give you a choice in their catalog. If they do I'm not seeing it.

I've got a namura piston in my kx250 and so far so good. I also like the coated skirts. I can't recall if the piston crowns were coated at all.