vitos 240 bbk

We need to know what else you have done to your blaster first. Engine displacement isnt everything... There are plenty of mods you should do before going to the BBK!

id also agree that there is lots to do in place of a bbk, a ported stock cylinder with a decent pipe, carb and reeds will wipe out a stock bbk.

If you looking for reliablity with any motor you have to make sure that it is jetted correctly.

The first upgrade for the big bore is porting. You should be able to run it with mostly stock parts but you won't get the power you should be but each upgrade you add will give a nice power increase.

The first upgrade for the big bore is porting. You should be able to run it with mostly stock parts but you won't get the power you should be but each upgrade you add will give a nice power increase.

the first thing I would do is put a forged piston in it.

then I would have it ported! assuming that they already have a larger carb, an aftermarket pipe, aftermarket reeds, filter, good clutch setup, a billet clutch basket would be nice too.

this is all after you have put good shocks on it, an extended swinger, and widened it out a bit

I raced with a kid who had a big bore kit he spent a few hundred for parts and labor and blew the top end after one or 2 rides. and personally i feel that going that big makes the cylinder wall more prone to cracking/damage. I bored my bike .20, ported and polished, v-force 3 reeds w/ spacer. hot rod piston rod/weisco piston. and replaced all oem bearings/seals. and the bike rips. have just about 1000 in the motor W/O labor cause i did it all in house. Looking to port/upgrade carb soon.

Hope this helps and gives you some ideas.

I raced with a kid who had a big bore kit he spent a few hundred for parts and labor and blew the top end after one or 2 rides. and personally i feel that going that big makes the cylinder wall more prone to cracking/damage. I bored my bike .20, ported and polished, v-force 3 reeds w/ spacer. hot rod piston rod/weisco piston. and replaced all oem bearings/seals. and the bike rips. have just about 1000 in the motor W/O labor cause i did it all in house. Looking to port/upgrade carb soon.

I'm at about 50 hours on my 240 stroker with no changes (other than cases for a completely unrelated problem :)).

Any "hot" engine has to be cared for. Jetting must be checked regularly, leakdown tests, regular maintenace.

the first thing I would do is put a forged piston in it.

then I would have it ported! assuming that they already have a larger carb, an aftermarket pipe, aftermarket reeds, filter, good clutch setup, a billet clutch basket would be nice too.

this is all after you have put good shocks on it, an extended swinger, and widened it out a bit

Forgot about the crap piston that comes with it.

The piston that is supplied by vito's is a cast unit similar to any other cast piston. While I don't personally advocate using cast pistons (if you have a choice) I'm not 100% certain that I wouldn't run the cast piston in a fresh vito's BBK. If you keep the tolerance on a cast piston tight, they run great!

Once I had to step up to an overbore, I'd opt for the extra money for the oversize forged piston...

Im going to end this post and start new in the right category!

Attachments

• imagejpeg952.jpg
    imagejpeg952.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 274
  • imagejpeg952_2.jpg
    imagejpeg952_2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 310
  • imagejpeg952_3.jpg
    imagejpeg952_3.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:

it was most likely the .20 over that gave u the power :p :p lol :D

Sounds like a sloppy jet job, or lack of leak testing, I doubt the BBK was the cause of the problem.

Could too have been a poor builder.

I've got about 60 hours now on my 72.5mm bore vito's with the wossner piston. My blasty is NOT treated nicely either..... I trail ride and douse it in mud and water. I also did proper jetting and check occasionally for air leaks.

Properly setup and maintained the BBK is no more prone to failure in any specific way than stock bore engine except that bouncing it off the overrev of your pipe constantly and the extra amount of weight your quad will have to carry for your testicles to be that large :p