Power?

Jbd32

Jan 4, 2024
I picked up my first Yamaha Blaster last week. The previous owner says that he had a 240 big bore and a 3mil crank installed. It also has a DMC header, but the silencer has no markings on it so I am not sure of the brand. So far I have been really underwhelmed with the power. The bike feels really sluggish though the lower gears and has a little bog until half throttle. I noticed that the bike still has the stock 26mm carb on it and was wondering if that could cause these issues. Any advice would be appreciated.

I picked up my first Yamaha Blaster last week. The previous owner says that he had a 240 big bore and a 3mil crank installed. It also has a DMC header, but the silencer has no markings on it so I am not sure of the brand. So far I have been really underwhelmed with the power. The bike feels really sluggish though the lower gears and has a little bog until half throttle. I noticed that the bike still has the stock 26mm carb on it and was wondering if that could cause these issues. Any advice would be appreciated.

Idk about the 240s specifics but I would start by doing compression test, cleaning carb and running a coat hanger thru your exhaust..a rodent nest caused me headaches when I was younger... blowing air hose thru it told me nothing..

Small carb trying to feed air and fuel to a larger combustion chamber can definitely be an issue, but there's also carb jetting for fuel delivery and other items that control airflow to consider as well, like potentially a clogged exhaust like mentioned. Check the reeds and air filter. Perform a compression test. Put in a new spark plug and check it after a short ride to see what the cylinder side looks like.