Ugly shocks like new?!

Dunecrazy

May 15, 2008
Hey Blaster Crazies,

I have been taking ugly Blasters and making them beauties for years now! I used to devote my entire life to it. But I have always had a hard time making the shocks pretty. Is there any tips to getting the springs looking good again? I tear all of the machines down to the frame and sand-blast and powdercoat or base-coat clear-coat them. What do you do to the shocks?

There is a rubber coating on the spring? Is that what it is? I usually buy the $30 monster energy or cheap shock covers to make them a lil more asthetically pleasing for the buyer when I sell them.

Also, is putting the 450R shock on the back of my blaster worth it? I am 6'1'' and 190lbs. I need something better than stock! I have banshee fronts, but am looking to get into yfz 450 ones if possible.

Thanks GREATLY!

-DuneCrazy!

sounds like you already have a grip on it. take 'em apart, sand blast them and paint or pc them. the 450r shock will make a world of difference.

sandblast the springs too and recoat. You can get the 450 rear on but honestly the 400ex shock is champ. easy mod.

As for the front, fitting 450 shock to stock a-arms is going to make the bike very hard and will jack up the ride height severly due the longer length.

Your best bet is to stick with the banshee shocks or get wider a arms then use the 450 shocks.

Hey Blaster Crazies,

I have been taking ugly Blasters and making them beauties for years now! I used to devote my entire life to it. But I have always had a hard time making the shocks pretty. Is there any tips to getting the springs looking good again? I tear all of the machines down to the frame and sand-blast and powdercoat or base-coat clear-coat them. What do you do to the shocks?

There is a rubber coating on the spring? Is that what it is? I usually buy the $30 monster energy or cheap shock covers to make them a lil more asthetically pleasing for the buyer when I sell them.

Also, is putting the 450R shock on the back of my blaster worth it? I am 6'1'' and 190lbs. I need something better than stock! I have banshee fronts, but am looking to get into yfz 450 ones if possible.

Thanks GREATLY!

-DuneCrazy!

Take the springs off and powder coat them, then you can clean the shock body easy to do with some spring compressors or this-
DSCN5108.jpg

Try a 400ex, LTZ, 250R, rear you'll be amazed!