The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

I'm tempted to buy it anyway, just tell my wife the truck was 150 more than it is lol. I may just buy a new truck I have gotten over 300,000 out of this one.

Just sucks I have a perfectly good Audi TT but can't put a car seat in it and I pick my kid up at daycare after work so it's just my weekend cruiser.

i got so many kids we had to buy a minivan
good thing about that for me was i put 3 different blaster in the back of this thing
and a 400ex fit too out of connecticut lol
before the truck days:)

I scored this Atv jack for free today. A guy was throwing it out, I asked him if he wanted anything for it, and he told me take it!! Works fine, and will come in handy.
IMG_20150903_225403007.jpg

The vehicle problems must be contagious......... Wife went to get new tires on her trailblazer and when she got there trans fluid was leaking everywhere :mad:. The mechanic filed it up with fluid and she luckily made it home. I spent about 4 hours just trying to get 1 clip off on the trans (what a nightmare). Problem is you cant see anything and my hand just barely fit. Just when I was about to throw in the towel it popped off.

i found my problem with van
it was the battery cable/and battery
i tried jumping it with truck did not work
tried a spare battery did not work
took of starter wires and cleaned them did not work.

took battery out,converted it to a top post battery/cable
boom fired right up:)
and it did not cost me anything,but my time

looks like im not out of the woods yet with this effin van started it 4 times today during a oil change
after i was done later it did not start again:mad:
soo i guess im chasing alternator,wires,belt ect this thing is pissing me off.

im in the middle of packing up and moving and i dont have the time or strength to eff with this thing,or loot for a garage that could careless about my car.
then to top it off the intermediate pipe has a exhaust leak,which just so happen to sh*t the bed at same exact time, anyways i will be cutting welding a different pipe i got on tomorrow,probabaly after i charge the battery again since the alternator slash generator is not charging battery. i volt tested battery and alternator,and it drained the battery by 1v or more in less then a few minutes. and yes im positive i effed with this thing for a good minute to confirm my charging system problem.

my wife has been telling me she wants to sell it,of course i told her why? so i can get another one with problems.
but at this point im starting to agree,i am sick of this pontiac...maybe i will just take it out on some trails till it is totaled:D

Last edited:
looks like im not out of the woods yet with this effin van started it 4 times today during a oil change
after i was done later it did not start again:mad:
soo i guess im chasing alternator,wires,belt ect this thing is pissing me off.

im in the middle of packing up and moving and i dont have the time or strength to eff with this thing,or loot for a garage that could careless about my car.
then to top it off the intermediate pipe has a exhaust leak,which just so happen to sh*t the bed at same exact time, anyways i will be cutting welding a different pipe i got on tomorrow,probabaly after i charge the battery again since the alternator slash generator is not charging battery. i volt tested battery and alternator,and it drained the battery by 1v or more in less then a few minutes. and yes im positive i effed with this thing for a good minute to confirm my charging system problem.

my wife has been telling me she wants to sell it,of course i told her why? so i can get another one with problems.
but at this point im starting to agree,i am sick of this pontiac...maybe i will just take it out on some trails till it is totaled:D
Yes there a reason Pontiac doesn't make vehicles anymore. Haha. Get a newer one with a good warranty. Heck even insurance rates go down with newer vehicles.

Yes there a reason Pontiac doesn't make vehicles anymore. Haha. Get a newer one with a good warranty. Heck even insurance rates go down with newer vehicles.

:D
when i get settled in new place it is gone,not looking to lie to anyone or make any money back.
or i might just beat it till it's totaled:eek:
it has 113,000 on it,just the perfect mileage for numerous replacement parts and maintenance.

When it doesn't start have you tried putting it in neutral and starting it??? The neutral safety switch in those like to be finicky. Next time it happens shift down to neutral and turn the key. Just a thought.

i did think of that although did not try it.
it started again today then i fixed exhaust.
im going to investigate it when i get free moments here and there.
in the mean time it is parked don't want to get stranded,i am going to get a new battery for ha has cuz the 1 i put in it is old yet still seems to work,i went to 2 stores to buy 1, but i was looking for 1 that would fit cuz i converted it to a top post battery and the effin fuse box sits on top of battery,making it impossible to jump it or volt test the thing.All the battery for sale are about 1/2 to tall...including the 1 i put in it:)

this is NOT MINE but identical look at this crap.

pontiac mm.jpg

Last edited:
about the above pic, not the first time I've seen it, was just always amazed that someone thought it a good idea to suspend engines from the radiator core support.

Reactions: speedyslyder
it is a nightmare....wife's mom and wife really thought it was a good idea
to buy it off mom's friend:eek:
the airfilter was sooo dirty when i got it i had to shop vac out the airbox
they were like ohhh they took really good care of it.
it has been good to us,but when it comes to maintence forget about it.