The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

Here's the tractor my buddy has
IMG_20150823_194922029.jpg

IMG_20150823_195005227.jpg

We've nicknamed it mater. Gonna try and leave the rust finish and go over it with some varnish or something. About $1k and countless hours, and it'll be ready to go to work.

The massey \/ \/ \/ is at my shop ready to have a roof built over it. Its mostly gonna be sitting for the next year or 2, til there's more time. Torn down to the block, pistons and cylinders have been exposed for a couple years, gonna need a good bit of work.
IMG_20150811_150300863_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: harley1-5
Well, Im kind of at aww over this one.. Me and my brother have been working here for a bit. It is (was) a gymnasium at a place down the road from where he has a small cabin. We didn't do the structure but we did do the foundation and were doing the sewer, electric, water lines etc. The night before this happened we had a few to many blue ribbons and he decided to sleep in late. Thank god !! He was supposed to be in there cleaning things up and getting things ready and woke up to thinking there was a lumber delivery :confused:.. All confused he threw on his skivys and went to check things out.. This is what he found.. :eek:

Dont know why the one pic is so small and coming out panoramic but ill get another soon..

There was supposed to be a few guys in there working. For some reason I guess all had a few to many the night before and were running late ???.. This happened about 8-830 ish Saturday morning..

Attachments

• received_10153618665128760.jpg
    received_10153618665128760.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 207
  • received_10153618637243760.jpg
    received_10153618637243760.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Well, Im kind of at aww over this one.. Me and my brother have been working here for a bit. It is (was) a gymnasium at a place down the road from where he has a small cabin. We didn't do the structure but we did do the foundation and were doing the sewer, electric, water lines etc. The night before this happened we had a few to many blue ribbons and he decided to sleep in late. Thank god !! He was supposed to be in there cleaning things up and getting things ready and woke up to thinking there was a lumber delivery :confused:.. All confused he threw on his skivys and went to check things out.. This is what he found.. :eek:

Dont know why the one pic is so small and coming out panoramic but ill get another soon..

There was supposed to be a few guys in there working. For some reason I guess all had a few to many the night before and were running late ???.. This happened about 8-830 ish Saturday morning..
How big was this? why would they not use a steel frame building?

our shed house was 60x100 and i was always worried with the wind. but it always stood strong. and we had siding!

Don't remember the size off the top of my head (it was a gymnasium). I always thought the same thing, "why not steel"?

It was a day as any other, no rain , no wind, nothing.. All I know is the foundation is not cracked and is good and strong <<< that's all I am worried about..

Wow, thats gonna cost somebody. Hard to tell from the pics, but the exterior support walls are still standing? Looks like one maybe moved though. Either inadequate bracing, or poorly engineered trusses. Something similar happened at a church up here. They stick framed a gym but didn't brace well enough. Large gust of wind came through and collapsed it.

Man, a person goes back to work full time and takes a little time off and there's all kinds of posting going on. I'm not gone, just on reserve.....lol

Reactions: Blaaster
Here's how its done around here
IMG_5378.jpg

Going away party for my sis-in-law and hubby. They're in the air force and heading to turkey for 2 years. Thats me n my youngest, at a comfy distance of about 40 feet lol. Thats about a normal size fire for my place. Usually only happens a few times a year. Got 2 weeks to get another built for my oldest's birthday

Man I swear every time I go to drop some dough on the blaster something happens. My damn fridge broke had to spend 1600 on a new one then an hour later the steering box on my truck blew a hole in the bottom dropping the pitman on the ground. Who knows how much that's gonna cost. Looks like the steering stabilizer is gonna have to wait

Man I swear every time I go to drop some dough on the blaster something happens. My damn fridge broke had to spend 1600 on a new one then an hour later the steering box on my truck blew a hole in the bottom dropping the pitman on the ground. Who knows how much that's gonna cost. Looks like the steering stabilizer is gonna have to wait

if it makes you feel any better
im in the middle of packing and moving
then today 1 of our cars wont start:mad:
im thinking it is the alternator as of know till i investigate further
cheers:eek:

I'm tempted to buy it anyway, just tell my wife the truck was 150 more than it is lol. I may just buy a new truck I have gotten over 300,000 out of this one.

Just sucks I have a perfectly good Audi TT but can't put a car seat in it and I pick my kid up at daycare after work so it's just my weekend cruiser.

Reactions: harley1-5
It happened to me several times.