The Official Ken Oconnor Racing Trivia Contest

I am on my way to some KOR power. My motor left for Conneticut today. Should be getting there some time Wednesday. Can't wait to get it back and let it rip.

Definately will, first trip out will be the gravel pits we ride. Got some nice hills to climb and plenty of loose sand and gravel to sling around.

DSCN0706.jpg

you got my hopes up I thought you got it back already :( but yay for you :D BTW I never really thought about it it but is the KOR trivia a yearly thing?

When I spoke with Ken he said they are really swamped. Its going to be about three weeks before I get it back. I am in no rush as this motor is out of my spare Blaster. When it comes back I am going to put it in the one I rebuilt last year.

When I spoke with Ken he said they are really swamped. Its going to be about three weeks before I get it back. I am in no rush as this motor is out of my spare Blaster. When it comes back I am going to put it in the one I rebuilt last year.

But the question is are you going to be able to keep the boy off of it once he sees all the power? lol We here he is quite the riderI:I

He is really good. He can ride the blaster, but he is very respectful of the powerband. He just blips the throtle. He has spun the rear end around on it and looked over at me all suprised. One of my proud moments as a father. I hope he will go to the mountain again at Awks and you can witness his skills. Just still a little small for the Blasty.

Limestone 1 - YouTube

I hope he will go to the mountain again at Awks and you can witness his skills.

hope you guys make it too,
the mountain won't be the same without my lil buddy tearing it up and handing out them awesome peanut butter cookies I:I

Here he is tearing it up on his Predator 90

luv seeing him ride, but there's nothing like seeing it live, i think he passed gb-blaster and a few others on each rip last year

Haha little man rides like a pro ! That spot looks awful familiar lol, was that the day we all went to ride ? Now that the nice weather is FINALLY here we'll be there in the near future ! CANT WAIT ! ! !

p.s. Congrats on winning the contest bro, your one of those people that definitely deserves it !

Thanks Justin, yeah that was the day we all went to your spot. Jared was definately showing off for you. I really want to get you out to the sand pits in Attica.

Me too man, ever since you told me about the sand pits and showed me them pictures I've been dying to go ! We'll definitely have to figure out a day that's good for both of us and spend a day out there, I'll bring the little grill and we can make some hot dogs and burgers or something.

Well boys got my motor back from Ken a few weeks ago. Had to clean all the debri out of my pipe and repack the silencer. Rejetted the carb with a 300 main. Got the heat cycles done during this past week. This is the last heat cycle.

This is how you ship your entire motor to Ken.

This is the goodness you get back.

Fresh top and bottom end. Rebuilt crank, replaced all the bearings and seals, New PE clutch basket. The motor went to Ken with some issues. The clutch basket was shot. The motor kept eating counter balancer gears. It was making some odd noises too. It was in need of a total rebuild.

Of course all the top end work was done by Ken for free for winning the contest. Here are some pictures of the work.

Intake ports

Exhaust port

Small look at the head mod

The motor is nice and tight. It has a nice deep tone to it. It runs like nothing I have ridin before. It has power everywhere. Really picked up on the botom end. I am just speechless.

Thank you again for running this contest, Ken. I am so proud to have a motor built by you in my Blaster. It just rips.

I am putting together a ride video from today and will start another thread for it. It has my nine year old son rocking my other blaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
good thing you have them brick layers forearms ha ?