Ski kit for my blasty

Whitty21

Apr 15, 2010
Small town, ON, Canada
so this weekend i am planning on looking at ways to use some 79 Motoski mirage skis for the blasy, i think i am gunna just bolt them on to the hubs and lock the front brakes some how, anyone know how to do that? if it is possible. I then plan on putting paddle tired on the back and she should rip!

or you could take tie down straps and just strap them around the original tires and then put the parking brake on and done!

do this.
make a mounting bracket that will mount to the hub and the ski, it is just some easy cutting and drilling work.
also dont lock up the front brakes, this way the skis can turn a little up and down.

the mounting bracket would look something like this.
mount-1.jpg

the red dots is the holes for the studs on the hub
the green dot is the hole for the ski, not sure how your ski normally mounts to the sled.
this is just a quick generic picture to give you the idea.

sheeblast is onto something. the only thing i would change on his idea is to have a pivot on the lower part of the mount, and let the ski pivot there and make it so it can only move so far. that way if the front of the quad comes off the ground like in a wheelie or something, the heavier end of the ski wont drop straight down and f**k something up

make the mount for the wheel a 'U', not a box. it would be just as strong, and not weigh as much.

i would suggest making it as light as possible but keeping it strong.
i think for where it mounts to the hub, 1/8" thick steel would be good.