See through clutch cover

couple questions..is the hole big enough to service the clutch?? 2nd. I am guessing you used a bidgeport to cut it with, why not groove it for an O-ring? Another trick I did was to make an alum oil fill plug with a nipple, then ran a hose up and back on the frame to a small filter... basically made an oversize breather to help dissapaite heat.

couple questions..is the hole big enough to service the clutch?? 2nd. I am guessing you used a bidgeport to cut it with, why not groove it for an O-ring? Another trick I did was to make an alum oil fill plug with a nipple, then ran a hose up and back on the frame to a small filter... basically made an oversize breather to help dissapaite heat.

yea the hole is too small unfortunatly we didnt even think of clutch servicing and we used a jigsaw to cut out the hole, we dont have anything fancy but an o-ring setup would be nice, also did the breather help with the heat that much, sounds like a good idea

don;t know how much it really helped...it was one of those "lets try every trick in the book manuvers... you guys would be dangerous if we cut you loose with a cnc mill and a lathe... :)

for the stuff you guys do...you should search..you should be able to find an old cnc bridgeport for 500 or less...just check it out first and make sure therres not a ton of runnout start looking at auctions etc..with the economy sucking there are some real deals also watch govt surplus

Government Surplus Auctions at Government Liquidation

Metal Heat Treating for sale by auction

don;t know how much it really helped...it was one of those "lets try every trick in the book manuvers... you guys would be dangerous if we cut you loose with a cnc mill and a lathe... :)

for the stuff you guys do...you should search..you should be able to find an old cnc bridgeport for 500 or less...just check it out first and make sure therres not a ton of runnout start looking at auctions etc..with the economy sucking there are some real deals also watch govt surplus

Government Surplus Auctions at Government Liquidation

Metal Heat Treating for sale by auction

thanx man, im defenetly looking into a cnc machine...whoo hoo

sweet, wont a bead blaster make etches on the serface of plexiglass? if so, you should try taping/drawing off a design and bead blasting it into the plexiglass... like a batt for battbike, just a thaught of mine

with a case like that we would need the whole bike to do it lol, i have no idea whats inside the clutch case on those :-/

There just like a blasty. Al there is is about 1/2" to 3/4" space between the back of the clutch cover to the actualy clutch itself. I know this for sure as I just got done putting my KFX back together. Honestly it wouldnt be as cool as you'd think. But if you modded it into a quick change cover then that would be worth while. The only quick changes on the market are like $400 f*cking dollars.

heres mine Thanks Freek!!
theblaster002.jpg

sweet, wont a bead blaster make etches on the serface of plexiglass? if so, you should try taping/drawing off a design and bead blasting it into the plexiglass... like a batt for battbike, just a thaught of mine

DAMB! i thought i was the only one to think of that! 1st i thought usin a dremel to make the yamaha logo out of the orig case metal would be cool- then i remembered my trip to corning glass museum and sandblasting the glas to make it frosted- you shuld try it manny ppl would be interested.
p.s. you never said what the clear material is... its ok if you dont want to give out your secret but if you will is it just plexi or harder material?