reseting float

mud runner

Jan 19, 2012
leabnon TN
well my blaster is leaking gas again and the last time we took it to the mechanic he said he just had to re set the float and instead of taking it to him i was wanting to try to do it myself but i dont know how to reset the float any help is greatly appreicated

2029e60a.jpg

I beleave it's 19 mm. You just bend the float valve tang to adjust it.

ja you can attach a tube onto the fuel inlet and blow on it while you move the float with your finger. you need it to seal before the float reaches maximum travel.

Often the problem with gas leaking is that there is dirt or varnish in the needle and seat assembly, or it is worn out.

It is very rare for the float setting to change by itself, it could be that it has sprung a leak and filling with fuel.

You may only need to clean out the needle and seat.

The pegs that support the float could also have have developed a ridge causing the float to stick.

i like the new/better pic demon has posted

but here is the one i always post, and the setting should be 20-21.5mm measured with the carb held on a 45 degree angle, like shown in the pic, you don't want the weight of the floats to depress the center pin of the float valve, just touch it,
bend the center tab to adjust it..................

4785-float-height.jpg

Often the problem with gas leaking is that there is dirt or varnish in the needle and seat assembly, or it is worn out.

It is very rare for the float setting to change by itself, it could be that it has sprung a leak and filling with fuel.

You may only need to clean out the needle and seat.

The pegs that support the float could also have have developed a ridge causing the float to stick.

all good info too, i have experienced all of them causes,
even the "grooved posts"