Replacement reeds?

blaster003

May 13, 2014
What replacement reeds do I need I broke one today the bike I got them off of had a boyesen reed sticker on it all the replacement reeds say they are for a stock reed cage please let me know what reeds I need to order here they are the reeds and cage is gold in color

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    810.7 KB · Views: 255
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 306
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    944 KB · Views: 252
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    883.5 KB · Views: 266
That looks like a stock reed cage to me. Its missing the reed stoppers that limit the amount they open. A pair of boysens some stoppers put on the cage, and some new gaskets will fix your problem. I put a drop of blue loc-tite on the screws so they don't back out from vibrations and cause havoc!

Do a leakdown after you do it, to make sure the cage and intake are sealed up tight!

Yup, Boyesen dual stage reeds. Use the stoppers that come with the reeds as long as they're provided with the new reeds. ( Per the instructions included with the reeds). Also, use red thread locker but be sure not to use more than a small drop on the threads and don't get it on the reeds.

If i used blue thread locker on my reed screws will it be ok? Cause that's what I used.
Blue thread locker should be okay, if you ever have to take it of you might have to use a little more force than usual but as long as its blue locktite and not red you should be safe.