reeds

blastblast2

Aug 27, 2012
talladega. al
I think I'm goin to have to take my carb off and make some adjustments to it so I'm thinking about putting some new reeds in wile I have the carb off and I'm not sure what's best for a basically stock motor other than .80 over and a fmf sclincer the rest is stock so dose anyone know what would be good for me to run I ride mostly trails and on the track we have made in my field if that help out any

Vforce3 reeds work great. Everything with throttle respose was crisper. The stock reeds actually work very good. Why change them?

If you want a nice jump in power,get your head re-chambered into a squish band head with a hemispherical chamber. Its just as easy to install as reeds. Only two extra bolts.

All you are going to get by changing the reeds is a crisper throttle response, you will gain no power.

If the stock ones are in good condition, save your money and keep them.

btw no point in mentioning that your bike is bored .80 over, noobs do this cuz it sounds important. .80 thou is nothen its just a hair never really improtant ontill buying a piston. the color of your blaster has more to do with power then the .80 thou overbore......lol jk but almost true..

about the reeds, vforce are proven to add you abit better performance then any other i bileve they followed the "velocity" theory which will make a great improvement (i would know). But the vforce arnt worth the money if your just gonna buy them for your bike and call it a day. buy boysons they work awesome, tho stocks are pretty good. if your looking for power dont even look at the reeds like joe said get into that head, 1 part almost double hp!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
If you are referring to reed spacer blocks, they move where the power comes on the pipe.

Between the reeds and jug the power moves to lower revs.

Between the reeds and carb boot the power moves up.

It looks like if you used a spacer it be like a vforce reed system because the flange were it bolts up is thicker than stock on the vforce..... well that's what it looks like on line

weve got a home made 3/8 and i cant tell any diff. in power

Marry a reed spacer up with a decent low/mid pipe and a +4 timing advance and you will notice the power coming on earlier.

Not more power, but earlier on the pipe.

Don't expect anything much to happen with your DG pipe.

vforce are proven to add you abit better performance then any other i bileve they followed the "velocity" theory which will make a great improvement (i would know).

hmmmmm, no power gains......

Moto Tassinari | VFORCE4 REED VALVE SYSTEM

more airflow, picking up more fuel on it's way = ???

VForce4 Reed Valve System Yamaha YFS200 YFS 200 BLASTER 88-06 | eBay

sounds like my idea was right on the money. after reading up on this ^ seems they mention the word "velocity" alot. reading it again everywhere they mention airflow there pretty much screaming velocity silently.
I dont think Airflow is much greater then stock if you notice the stock reeds open over 2x as much as those vforce4's even tho there twice the pedals on the forces stocks with less peddals opens more..... how much are you really gaining. BUT more and tighter reeds will tend to let as much through but aswell keep velocity up more resulting in picking up more fuel on its way = PPPOOWWAAAA

i tested this theory by stuffing my intake ports with jb and useing stock reeds and this was a noticeable difference. livens up midd range and aids at topend 100% improvement. sounds alot like vforces

Last edited by a moderator:
Marry a reed spacer up with a decent low/mid pipe and a +4 timing advance and you will notice the power coming on earlier.

Not more power, but earlier on the pipe.

Don't expect anything much to happen with your DG pipe.

i know soon as i get a diff. pipe it will go faster but it still beat a blaster with a full fmf

i know soon as i get a diff. pipe it will go faster but it still beat a blaster with a full fmf

its funny you say that... when i built a blaster for a bud of mine we made it bone stock other then the dg pipe that came with it. (jetted of course) and i dragged him 2 or 3 times with my modded blaster with full fmf. now i may have been barkin tires the whole way down but his bone stock bike kept up sappprisingly good for havin the old DG