Rear wheel spacers

stallion81

Jul 18, 2010
Rockford,IL
Finished with the front end on my 97'. Well now I'm sitting at 46" in the front and 43" in the rear. I need to catch up =). I see they have banshee/YFZ pattern extended hubs, but my rears have descent 8x9 ITP's with good maxis. Hate to buy new rims/tires.

I'm gonna do the swinger next year, so I will probably change the axle then also.

Until then, I need a quick fix, on the cheap side. Suggestions on the brands you folks are using. Just a trail rider/open fields, no jumping for me, too old =).

Thanks.

Any name brand extended lugs or ring spacer should work fine. If it was me I would go with the ring spacer but I've heard of a few people using the stud spacers and liking them should be able to find either one pretty cheap on fleebay. Or you might check into a banshee axle. There usually not to expensive and I give you a couple inches overall which would be the best choice of the 3.

The ring style is a stronger design better for jumping and stuff.
I use the stud type and they hold my motor fine- I don't do jumps though.

Yeah, I've seen and might try the cheap studs? Otherwise an extra $40 for G-force. More then likely gonna extend the swinger next year. So dont want to mess with the axle. Just did the front with Lonestars +3/+1, and 03+ spindles/ hubs/ brakes/rotors/calipers & lines, and 450R shocks all the way around. Need to leave some money this year for the Harley =).

I'd like to keep the rear widening, and rear brake under $200, but unsure if I can do it. Gotta love the rear GSXR brake at $165 and the studs put me at $30ish, so.........Otherwise, spend the $$ on the shorty cable and brake pads, and better wheel spacers????

I think I'm leaning toward the GSXR brakes, and the cheap 1.5" wheel spacers. Should be ready for a longer swing, wider axle, and still be good to go?

Thanks.

with my shee axle and my offset douglas rims im at 49 inches in the rear and 48-1/2 in front with my +3+1 burgard a arms

Aren't Blasters normally 40-41" in the front stock? I used 450R shocks with relocater brackets. Shock length(and settings) plays a role in width and height. I bought the A arms used, but sure they are +3/+1...... 46" will be good for me, but I do need to adjust the springs on the shocks. They are all the way compressed, and I weigh 180ish. My shock tool is for Harley shocks, and wont work for atv. Once I get the shock tool, I'll be turning them down. I might gain up to an inch in width in the front?????

I went with the cheap stud spacers(3" total). Gonna do the swing and axle next year, so no need to put the money up..........

I dont jump either, and actually bought the 4",put them on today. Should work nice, puts me about an inch wider then the front. Now I got to get her back on some turf. Should handle much nicer with the suspension upgrade =).