Rear End Squeak

jostith

Mar 17, 2010
Bedford, IN
I just got home from school. Fired up the blaster and took it for a quick run to get it used to it again. When I got back the rear end started to squeak. It's only when I roll it. Does this mean I need new rear bearings or can I just grease them easily? Any thoughts would be great. Thanks guys.

Could be, I'll go take a look at in a little bit and get back to you guys. Need to finish up my clutch issue before I start rolling it around. Leave my bolts on the bike so as not to loose them. Doesn't always work.

when I go up there I will prop it up and spin the rear. Where could I get a grease fitting? The brakes are a real possibility, it only started after I started slowing down after some speed. But the chain is too. What can I grease the chain with? I've got some high temp grease, would that do the trick or no?

you want a good chain lubricant, depends on whether or not you ave an o-ring chain or not. i have a non 0-ring chainand i use some stuff i got from the parts store called chain wax, seems to work well

only way to grease ur axle bearing is if you put a grease fitting in the carrier.very simple to do

Only problem with that is that you should be taking the entire back end apart a couple times a year and greassing the sprocket and brake hubs, pivot bolt bearings, axle bearings etc.. If you dont, you will find yourself making yet another of those HELP!!! Im trying to get my axle and swingarm off and its stuck threads.................

As for the chain, thee are many different brands ofchain lube, but tey all contain special additives to keep the lube from slinging off the chain. any kind of regular grease doesn't.

check your chain tensioner this happened to me yesterday when i was jumping it somehow my right side tensioner bent around and rubs the brake rotor