raptor 250 for blaster

blasters/banshees

Jan 11, 2009
Ny
my buddys has a 08 raptor 250 that looks brand new he has the trail viper thing on since day one it has 128mi on it he said he will trade it for my blater that is stock with new tires and in rought shape and I have to give him 1000 I paid 1200 for my blaster is this a far trade ooo and his raptor has a gytr pipe

i would definitely do it, not that i dont love my blaster a lot but its a good deal and 4 strokes are more reliable now... and that 250 is prety sweet thye kinda look like the blasters and they are prety fast aswell

yea I was thinking that it looks sweet you cant even tell it has the trail viper thing its perfectly mounted in where the reverse and neutral light use to be. performance wise how will I like it better then my blaster and is the raptor bigger than the little blaster I mostly jump few straigt top out runs mostly freestyle stuff I actally think I should get a 450 but I cant affored one so is this the best for me I love my blaster but they handle like crap in the air

my friend has a stock rapter 250 i would take the 250 if your just going to trail ride and if you want to mx with it your going to need to do some real work and $ your gonna need +a-arms +axel +swingarm and sh*t like that i rode the 250 and going over the whoops i felt like i was going to flip cuz the shocks suck and it wasint wide but then again you would have to get that stuff for your blaster to.

here is something that u can compare a little more if u really wana see its an 06 blaster and 09 250 raptor

2009 RAptor
Bore x Stroke 74.0 x 58.0mm
Carburetion Mikuni® 29mm BSR
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Drive Train 2WD; sealed O-ring chain, eccentric adjustment
Ignition DC-CDI
Starting System Electric
Transmission 5-speed; wet multiplate clutch
Type 249cc air-/oil-cooled 4-stroke; SOHC, 2 valves
Brakes/Front Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes/Rear Hydraulic disc
Suspension/Front Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload-adjustable shocks, 7.5-in travel
Suspension/Rear Swingarm, preload-adjustable, 7.9-in travel
Tires/Front AT20 x 7-10
Tires/Rear AT19 x 10-9
Dry Weight Spec Not Available
Fuel Capacity 2.4 gal
Ground Clearance 3.9 in
L x W x H 64.0 x 42.1 x 40.9 in
Seat Height 28.7 in
Wet Weight 330 lb
Wheelbase 43.7 in

Bore x Stroke 66mm x 57mm
Carburetion Mikuni 26mm
Compression Ratio 6.6:1
Drive Train 2WD; Sealed O-Ring Chain
Ignition CDI
Starting System Kick
Transmission 6-Speed Manual Clutch
Type 195cc, 2-Stroke Single, Air Cooled, Reed Valve

Brakes/Front Dual Hydraulic Disc
Brakes/Rear Hydraulic Disc
Suspension/Front Independent Double Wishbone, 7.1” w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment
Suspension/Rear Swing Arm, 7.1” and Threaded Preload Adjustment
Tires/Front AT21 x 7-10
Tires/Rear AT21 x 10-8

Dry Weight 324 Lbs.
Fuel Capacity 2.4 Gallons
Ground Clearance 4.7”
L x W x H 68.3” x 40.7” x 40.9”
Seat Height 29.1”
Wet Weight Spec Not Available
Wheelbase 43.3”

thats the blaster sorry it took some time to make that

the raptor specs look alot more apelling becuase of the weight can someone get a pic of a raptor 250 next to a blaster becuse the blaster is mad small and ivv only seen this quad once more a school buddy we really dont hang out

the blaster and the rapter are just about the same as in lenth and with. my bud has one and we put them together side by side and if my blaster didnt have + parts on it they would be the same realy the only dif is that i see when were riding is that he cant realy go over big jumps or in the whoops and the blaster is faster.but with looks hes got me there untill i repaint everything lol

Dirt wheels has done a few write ups on the raptor 250 compared to the blaster.The blaster was faster on top but about the same on bottom.It's up to you but money wise it may be a better deal.You could also put a grand into the blaster and smoke him all day long.lol

i sold my old blaster 96, for a raptor 250 and so far im not missing one bit of the blaster,stock for stock the raptor beats the blaster,AND I HAVE BOTH SO I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT..the blaster does beat the raptor 250 on top but by lil nothing big, the raptor does have ALOT more torque than the blaster and better bottom end,all around it's a better trail bike.

Heres the other side,if your gonna pour money into the bike,do engine work...id stay with the blaster,it's ALOT easier to upgrade and theres already alot of parts for it while the rappy is still waitin on performance parts for it.(hey it's only been around 1 year what do you expect) i mean 2 strokes are better choice over 4 stroke if your gonna work on it and put and take parts..the raptor is lil wider, it has better suspension and is alot user friendly,ergonomics are f*cking great in the raptor,but then again if your gonna go all out and pour money into a quad keep the blasty,if your going to keep it stock or just jetted,pipe and filter it id choose the raptor.

Also if your gonna decide to trade the blasty for it,TEST RIDE THE RAPTOR! IF YOU FEEL IT WEAKER THAN THE BLASTER SOMETHING IS WRONG SO DO NOT TRADE IF THIS IS THE SITUATION,IF YOU FEEL IT WITH MORE TORQUE THEN ITS FINE.B-) hope this helps buddy

Honestly, my good riding buddy had one for a summer before he got his yfz450, and i would have to say that the raptor 250 is a gutless pile. They are made for girls and little kids. sorry, my blaster killed that thing everywhere. no power even with the GYTR pipe which he also had. It was a kinda fun because it was light, but still, id rather have my blaster anyday.

^^^don't know what da f*ck your talking about,your friend's raptor must have been blown or something becuz my raptor spanks the blaster and even more now that i added some goodies,and ive spanked 2 other blasters also,one was my friends and the other my cousins,so i know what im talking about..your friends must have been blown

umm... am not for sure if i would i like blasters because you can do a lot of modifications to them to make them faster and more HP raptors are pritty fast but a blaster the right mods can smoke a raptor 250

^^^true,it all depends what you want it for.but if your gonna kep it close to stock the raptor is a better choice all around but if your going to pour moeny into it,BLASTER best choice no contest