Price on tools

liljatownboy

Feb 24, 2008
forsyth county, GA
So i found out how much the tools are... A Sky high $370 bucks and thats before tax guess im going with tusk for 187 for all or just some elbow grease and pounding. This is why they call them the Stealership!!!

OUCH! sorry to hear that, i got like 400 in tools for christmas! i got lucky, and my buddy has a sh*t ton too, you got any friends that have the tools you need?

You can make a crank puller pretty easy out of a piece of pipe and a hand full of nuts and washers along wit a piece of all thread. As for a case splitter use a rubber mallet and go slow. If I get a chance I'll take some pics of my crank puller, but I have to wait till I go to my dads house because I left it up their last time I used it

yea i have like $4000 in tools.. i still need to pay back my Snap On guy like $300,its kinda hard to pay him back when you get laid off.

You can make a crank puller pretty easy out of a piece of pipe and a hand full of nuts and washers along wit a piece of all thread. As for a case splitter use a rubber mallet and go slow. If I get a chance I'll take some pics of my crank puller, but I have to wait till I go to my dads house because I left it up their last time I used it

thats would be great!!!

Why do you need i crank puller? I split the case a few times and never needed a crank puller when putting it back together. Freeze the Crank, Bake the cases
they will slip right back together.

Try going to your local shop that isnt a Yamaha dealer and see if Parts Unlimited has them. D.jackson got a flywheel puller for like $10.00 from them...

Why do you need i crank puller? I split the case a few times and never needed a crank puller when putting it back together. Freeze the Crank, Bake the cases
they will slip right back together.

yea thats what the manual says to do but will it work with the main bearings still stuck on the crank?

if can't get that to work, then buy the tools, i think i baked mine at 250-300 for about 5 to 10 mins

I made all my tools besides the flywheel puller and the clutch holding tool.Send me your email address and I will send pics of my tool setup.It will cost you peanuts to make.LMK

You guys need to step up to the plate!, I've got like $30,000 in just hand tools!
But all you really need is a claw hammer and a crescent wrench! maybe a chisel too?