port n polished' drag stem/bars

well i got the bars back and the verdict is in....

the stock stem with no bars weighed over 5lbs and the new cromoly bars and stem is only 3.5lbs I:I

Matt does great work

well i got the bars back and the verdict is in....

the stock stem with no bars weighed over 5lbs and the new cromoly bars and stem is only 3.5lbs I:I

Matt does great work

good to hear james... is that after you cut them to size or before?

damn nice work as always tater, but fi you have a tig, it would have been a smaller cleaner looking weld,

but not many people have tigs just in there garage, but nice job on it, do you ever put and bend in those bars? of just straight across

damn nice work as always tater, but fi you have a tig, it would have been a smaller cleaner looking weld,

but not many people have tigs just in there garage, but nice job on it, do you ever put and bend in those bars? of just straight across

thanks man... yeah just a mig for me for now..it does ok..pretty clean for whwat it is.. i havent yet..i have done maybe 4 sets of these and noone has wanted a bend in them yet.. straight works fine for the drag racers i guess.. i have done a curved style drag bar on a 4130 stem before (already bent).. i could bend the here..just havent needed to yet.

hah sorrry another question, is that just the stock peice of stem on the bottom?i forgot whats its called but there the tierods mount.......is that just stock welded the the chromoly tubing

we work with alot of chromoly tubing where i got to school, use it on the front engine dragster chassis we build from scratch

hah sorrry another question, is that just the stock peice of stem on the bottom?i forgot whats its called but there the tierods mount.......is that just stock welded the the chromoly tubing

we work with alot of chromoly tubing where i got to school, use it on the front engine dragster chassis we build from scratch

yeah i cut the bottom portion out to fit inside the 1" OD 4130 tube.. its alot easier..and saves people money... the weight savings would be minimal.. as stated abouve the weight is next to nothing for the complete stem and bars..like 3.5lbs. or under.

everything i have done so far i was able to get 48" and under lengths..saves on shipping..it comes ups ground.

yea, but its crazy, hold up a 10 foot peice of chromoly and then hold up a 10 foot piece of regular steeltubing

we also use it in roll cages, were building a 68 for gran tornino and its gettin chromoly, 88 S10, it got a chromoly roll care, lighter but still strong

yea, but its crazy, hold up a 10 foot peice of chromoly and then hold up a 10 foot piece of regular steeltubing

we also use it in roll cages, were building a 68 for gran tornino and its gettin chromoly, 88 S10, it got a chromoly roll care, lighter but still strong

hell yeah.. I:I

actually moly weighs the same as regular steel, but its stronger so you can use thinner metal. that's what makes it so much lighter.

and those bars/stem look sick