Police work

bummer981

Powered by Smoke & Mirrors
Mar 1, 2011
Rochester, New York
Just had myself one hell of a day. Got up this morning go to let my dogs out and notice the light is on in the garage, not unusual as my kids leave it on all the time. But my garage door is also half open and my two kids ATVs are gone. These two here they happened to be closest to the overhead door.
SANY0071.jpg

My Blaster had two flat tires and must have been too much effort and was untouched. Call the cops they come and make the reports. The one cop says while he was getting the call a city cop overheard the dispatch and said he was chasing a couple kids on ATVs in the city about six miles from my house. I go to work and stew all day.

My daughter texts me saying a friend of hers was in the city and saw two kids riding ATVs and one was green with pink rims. That one was hers, and the other one he says is silver and red, my sons. He gives her the intersection and they call the Five-0. We don't hear anything back of course.

So after work Courtney and I go down in the area. We are driving for about a half hour and sure enough we see the quads. These fool are driving them all over the city streets like they have the bill of sale in there pocket. I was mid turn so we pull over call 911 give them the intersection and they tell us to wait for the police. I turn the truck around so we are facing the street they were last riding down. We are waiting for the cops for what seems like forever and it has been like ten minutes. All of a sudden they go cruising right past us, so the chase is on.

We take off after them. I am on the phone with 911 as I have called them again telling them we are in hot pursuit. My sixteen year old daughter is telling me the turns they are making and I am telling the 911 operator the intersections we are passing. The young thugs have no idea we are following them. They make a quick right hand turn because a cop is ahead of them coming straight at them, I am flashing my lights pointing and yelling out the window to the cop that has just driven past them.

This is what he says to me "Sir what seems to be the problem" I'm like those Motherf@ckers stole my ATVs and there they go. This guy is a complete idiot, so I make the turn to continue to follow them and they have ditched into a driveway about six houses down.

So now I am the first on the scene and I get out of the truck and one of the thieves is pushing a guad down the driveway. Lucky for him the cops came up and made me back off. Man I was so pumped up. I go back to the truck and Courtney and I are Fist pounding and high fiving each other as the cops are cuffing the kid.

The only bikes there were this beat up piece of chinese engeniering and my daughter's Qaudrunner. The kid riding my sons Predator got away while the cop was questioning me at the corner. I'm telling them we need to get after the other quad cause you know the punk is gonna dump it near by cause the joy riding is over. But they wont let me leave till the Greece police from my neighborhood come and release the quad to me.

So we are waiting for like a hour and a half and it gets dark. I'm pissed cause they wouldn't send another unit out to search the area we were in. The cops are like well at least you got one of them back, but I'm like my sons quad was right here you don't understand. Finally the cops from my area get there and he is asking me questions and the city cop gets a call for an abandoned ATV ten houses down. I'm like lets go get it, it my sons, of course they wouldn't let me. When they came pushing my sons quad down the sidewalk I was so psyched, I told them it was like Christmas in March.

They tell me this kind of stuff never happens. I said thats because most people don't want to go driving around in the hood looking for thier stolen property. Man I would have been down there every night looking for my stuff. They helped me load them into the back of my pickup and off we go. Got them home, went to Home Depot and bought some big @ss chains and a bunch off locks. Got them all locked together. Drilled out a hole in the overhead door track and put a lock through that to so the wheels on the door jam up on it if you try to open it. New deadbolt on back door and screwed a 2x4 brace up under the door handle.

The city police say that it is real popular for the hood rats to cruise the burbs looking for ATVs to steal so they can cruise the city streets.

Gonna throw my daughters friend a nice new crispy c-note for the lead on my kids rides. That was an awesome night. I had to knock a few blue lights down after it all to calm down. My daughter told me later I was so jacked up I was scaring her. What a night!!!

wow, that was some night !!!!
glad ya got them back.

my 2 blastys are locked thru the sprockets and frames with some stainless "cobra" ?? cable, that supposedly only a cut-off wheel grinder will cut, so i gotta make sure to hide my grinder each night, LOL
and the lock thru the g-door rails, and padlocked mandoor

I'm glad yall keep them (the crooks!) up there. I leave my quads sitting in the yard...

I have never had anything go missing except stuff that one of my idiot buddies needed to borrow (but had plans of bringing back) and forgot to call and ask about.

Glad to hear you got your quads back, most folks don't get a "happy ending" on theft stories.

Last edited:
Way to go, man! Just proves you gotta take matters into your own hands these days if you want results cause the police ain't gonna help you.......

I would have went "Tollbooth Willy" on them. Wack 'em up side the head with a f**ckin' Louisville f**ckin' slugger. Your gonna die biotch i'm comin' outta the booooth!!!

The Greece police were all about getting them back. Greece is the suburb I live in near Rochester. The officer I filed the report with says oh good now I have something to do today. But those cops down in the hood they got junk happening all around them, so no time for the little stuff. They said what usually happens with the ATVs, dirtbikes, gocarts, scooters and mopeds is they pound them into the ground dump em and you get them back beat to sh*t. Mine were torn up a little. Everyone says how lucky we are to have them back. We made our own luck by tracking these b@stards down. It sure would have been nice to take the boots to them, but having the kids bikes back is better.

Dang man, glad you got them back. If your old enough to be A theif you had damn sure be tough enough to handle an ass woopen.My quads heck no
I 'd beaten the snot outta of them punks cops there or not....

What a great world we live in isnt it.

Good sh*t bro you got them back!

but now you know wtf the hood rats live id make my way back to their place to settle the score and remind them how taking whats not theirs comes with a hefty price tag and a lengthy hospitol visit.

This is why i have 3 pitbulls meaner than sh*t house rats and my yard and garage entirely fenced in.We have a string of burglaries that involved 300+ atvs tools and so on.These f**ks were actually moving so much stolen sh*t they had to use uhauls!Ended up being like 6 mexicans they caught but the papers say theres more arrests to be made.

We made our own luck by tracking these b@stards down. It sure would have been nice to take the boots to them, but having the kids bikes back is better.

Thats why luck favors the prepared. glad someone got their quads back for once. I woulda went back at night and spray painted thief in giant red letters on the front of the house. you know something.