Please Help First Time Jetting

94 Blaster

Oct 4, 2010
I have a 94 blaster i am rebuilding and i have everything running good and want to make some changes. I had the motor bored out .020 and installed
carbon boysen super stock reeds. I am now installing a Fmf Fatty pipe and
a power core II can. My question is what main jet should i use and do i need to change the pilot jet also , if so what size. Finally would that be all the changes i would need to do to the carb?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Brent

I think its gonna be somewhere around a #260 but im no pro so don't take me up on that and i don't think you need to change the pilot but someone who knows more then me will chime in shortly

Let me make sure i have this right. I do not want to blow this thing up. Wet plug go down on the main jet white plug go up on the jet what do you reccomend run it 15 min. and then plug chop?

Brent

read, re-read, then re-read the plug chop article again, and again if needed
wet has nuthin to do with it
the color of the "smoke ring" tells the tale

and, i missed a very important, maybe the most important part of re-assembling a motor.............is it leak proof ????
prolly responsible for more blown pistons than poor jetting ???
contact member "slickerthanyou" for awesome leakdown testers

as in zero airleaks, it cannot be jetted until then.......................

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/build-use-leakdown-tester-10663/

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/videos-how-perform-air-leakdown-test-31464/

Sorry about that just saw the link you posted. I will order these three jets throw the 290 in and start plug choping never have heard of this before but i'm in.

Thanks
Brent

Sorry about that just saw the link you posted. I will order these three jets throw the 290 in and start plug choping never have heard of this before but i'm in.

Thanks
Brent

no apologies needed bro, glad you got it down, and no worries on frying it with any of those jets, as you'll prolly end up with the 270, but i like to start high and work down, plus it will teach you what rich feels like and how to do the plug chops and get it right, then you'll be the one helping and teaching someone else

did you do a proper break-in, and re-torque the head and base bolts ???
leak test also and you'll be fine

BTW.... whats your location ???
elevation plays a big part in what main you'll end up with
sea level will require a smaller/leaner jet than say a 2500ft. elevation
maimi may require a 260 main, while denver may take a 290, ect.
you can google your city/state elevation

My location is Springfield Mo the elevation is 1,300 ft as you can see sometimes you have to ask allot of questions to learn and do it right. I am not scared of work and i am going to plug chop just as described. Like you said then it will be right and i will have learned what the dif. feels like.

Brent

ask all the questions you need, and even some just to confirm, as long as we help you not fry sh*t, all is good !!!!