pj34 on stock topend

EvilElvis

Aug 17, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
Here's the deal what jets would you recommend for a pj34 with running a stock topend, it seems to be flooding running very rich until I shift gears, other than that she idles fine a starts real easy

You can run that carb if you have the right pipe and jetting, I would go with a 30mm myself.

Here's the deal what jets would you recommend for a pj34 with running a stock topend, it seems to be flooding running very rich until I shift gears, other than that she idles fine a starts real easy

So what are your current settings (pilot, main, and needle clip position) on that carb and what other mods are still on the quad?

From those jetting settings, I'd say your pilot is a little rich, you main is perhaps a LITTLE bit lean.

Most end up around a 48 and 155.

That carburetor can be used with the toomey and stock top end as long as the jetting is like 100% correct. Even a tiny bit off will be grossly exaggerated by running a borderline too large carburetor on your engine.

heres some more reference
my KOR topend rest of mods in my sig, with 34pj...........

45 pilot
dgh needle
155 main, 162 in cooler months

the needle change is imperative to getting these to run right, my "dgh", and others "cel" needles seem to be key to these

heres some more reference
my KOR topend rest of mods in my sig, with 34pj...........

45 pilot
dgh needle
155 main, 162 in cooler months

the needle change is imperative to getting these to run right, my "dgh", and others "cel" needles seem to be key to these

I nailed it on my first shot thanks guys you all helped me zero in .....and the old cats at Yamaha of Lumberton and Ken .......ended up trying the 148 main with the 45 pilot she is singing like a song wide open in all six nice cafe mocha color on the chopI:I