pics of the Diamond J Customs kit off a quad

baggedmazda

Sep 11, 2009
anyone have pics of there Diamond J Customs kit not on there quad i am gona be making my own as we have some 1/4 in plate laying around and the plasma cutter is always wanting to eat some steel.
really wanting to know the overall length and where the bolt holes are placed i have a buddys raptor 700 takeoffs ready to go on also

DO NOT listen to 370...they are not crap...there good kits,and ive NEVER seen them bend or brake. Only way its gonna happen is if your doing 25+ foot jumps. There great for trail riding. But i dont recomend you make them on ur own unless you have a C&C machine.

damn they looked flat i fab almost everything i do to my trucks so i am not scared to make anything they looked easy to make and quick too

DO NOT listen to 370...they are not crap...there good kits,and ive NEVER seen them bend or brake. Only way its gonna happen is if your doing 25+ foot jumps. There great for trail riding. But i dont recomend you make them on ur own unless you have a C&C machine.
they are definatley crap... your refering to the plates you bolt to the frame to make the quad wider correct? and it relocates the a arms outward and you use shocks from a bigger quad? if so then yes those kit are CRAP, and they are dangerous, and they make a quad handle like complete sh*t.. look at any good handling quad and you'll see one thing in common.. the thinner frame sections between the a arm mounts handle MUCH better, less bumpsteer, etc.. check out any of the new 450's.. they are refered to often as "the best handling quads ever" look at a trx250R the winninest quad in history and the quad the all MX quads even today are compared too... they have thin from frame sections.. when you wanted a 250R to really rail around corners you'd by a chassis like a leager narrow.. where the front frame section was even thinner yet... it's very appranet that you know VERY little about the handling characteristcs of a quad.. this topic has been on alot of sites that i'm a member of or even the admin of.. your 25 and riding a blaster... a STOCK one at that.. and the quad you traded for it was a pretty much stock blaster correct? seems to me if that is the case then you don't have the experiance to honestly make an opinion on how exactly those kits work.. me on the otherhand i've owned every 2 stroke quad they made except a gas gas 300 and a tiger supre 4 (they made 10).. but every mainstream 2 stroke quad i have owned. most i own currently.. 7 banshees, 2 tecate 4's (most people haven't seen 1 in person) trx250R are quads i own at this time.. and have owned 2 lt250R's and a lt500R and a 98 blaster.. and have own /have owned numerous trikes as well.. and have been riding since i was 4 years old... so the fact you tell people "DO NOT LISTEN TO 370" is bullshit... because you obviously have 0 knowledge about this topic but are leading people astray from someone who DOES KNOW... those kits are plauged with bumpsteer problems.. a wide front frame section and short a arms does NOTHING for performance.. your using a shock that is not intended for use on the machine and the valving and spring weights and rates are incorrect.. just because a machine is wider doesn't mean it's better, more stable, or better handling.. youi knwo what machines have real wide front frame sections and short a arms.. quad such as bayous, big bears, recons and such... all GREAT handleing quads huh? yeah not even close to the case..

and what is a C&C machine? i think you mean a CNC.. unfourtunatley they don't make bends in steel.. they cut according to a specific job programed into them.. those BULLSHIT plates wouldn't be a job for a cnc...

and what is a C&C machine? i think you mean a CNC.. unfourtunatley they don't make bends in steel.. they cut according to a specific job programed into them.. those BULLSHIT plates wouldn't be a job for a cnc...

fyi there are cnc benders too but thats not the point

the reason i made this topic was i seen something i thought i could fab up fairly easy it looks like this winter i will be making some a-arms jigs are easy enough to make hell i use to weld a-arms and frames for kawasaki you would be surprised at the people they let weld them mainly it was the new kids.

ya the thing is stock for now we will see what happens this winter if i dont have a ton of sh*t to fix on my truck i will be toying around with the blaster if i can get some good pics and measurements of a swinger i will make one we got enough scrap thick wall tubing to make one hell i bet i could make a frame with what we have around the shop

Last edited by a moderator:
they are definatley crap... your refering to the plates you bolt to the frame to make the quad wider correct? and it relocates the a arms outward and you use shocks from a bigger quad? if so then yes those kit are CRAP, and they are dangerous, and they make a quad handle like complete sh*t.. look at any good handling quad and you'll see one thing in common.. the thinner frame sections between the a arm mounts handle MUCH better, less bumpsteer, etc.. check out any of the new 450's.. they are refered to often as "the best handling quads ever" look at a trx250R the winninest quad in history and the quad the all MX quads even today are compared too... they have thin from frame sections.. when you wanted a 250R to really rail around corners you'd by a chassis like a leager narrow.. where the front frame section was even thinner yet... it's very appranet that you know VERY little about the handling characteristcs of a quad.. this topic has been on alot of sites that i'm a member of or even the admin of.. your 25 and riding a blaster... a STOCK one at that.. and the quad you traded for it was a pretty much stock blaster correct? seems to me if that is the case then you don't have the experiance to honestly make an opinion on how exactly those kits work.. me on the otherhand i've owned every 2 stroke quad they made except a gas gas 300 and a tiger supre 4 (they made 10).. but every mainstream 2 stroke quad i have owned. most i own currently.. 7 banshees, 2 tecate 4's (most people haven't seen 1 in person) trx250R are quads i own at this time.. and have owned 2 lt250R's and a lt500R and a 98 blaster.. and have own /have owned numerous trikes as well.. and have been riding since i was 4 years old... so the fact you tell people "DO NOT LISTEN TO 370" is bullshit... because you obviously have 0 knowledge about this topic but are leading people astray from someone who DOES KNOW... those kits are plauged with bumpsteer problems.. a wide front frame section and short a arms does NOTHING for performance.. your using a shock that is not intended for use on the machine and the valving and spring weights and rates are incorrect.. just because a machine is wider doesn't mean it's better, more stable, or better handling.. youi knwo what machines have real wide front frame sections and short a arms.. quad such as bayous, big bears, recons and such... all GREAT handleing quads huh? yeah not even close to the case..

Sorry to desagre on you, but if you take in consideracion that most of hus in here are not building a Pro quad, but just riding for fun, the diamon J kit is defenatly a good upgrade along with some better shocks, i can say i´ve done this upgrade "" Diamon J kit - banshee shocks - banshee complete front brake system "" and this is the best handling upgrade for a "cheap" setup, anything else is just to expensive.
About the handling it is absolutly 100% better, it realy dosent care that much if the shocks are build to specs for another quad... they are much better then the stock blaster.
Never the less, DO NOT USE the tie rod extencion, those are crap i bented mine after 50 miles, and yes its dangerous. Just buy a new extended tie rod set.

So if we have a big buget, 370 youre right, go with Extended A-arms and some good shocks build for youre weigh and riding style.
But on small bugets, like the moust of us... just go with the Diamon J Kit and some better shocks. Best thing you can do for handling improvement, and yes its a very BIG improvement OVER STOCK.

Gona try and setup some pics from my kit.

.....the reason i made this topic was i seen something i thought i could fab up fairly easy it looks like this winter i will be making some a-arms jigs are easy enough to make hell i use to weld a-arms and frames for kawasaki you would be surprised at the people they let weld them mainly it was the new kids.....

Try and buy one on ebay, got mine on auction for just 120$

How about just a set of Douglas 10x6 with a 2.0 + 4.0 offset. Not only does it make it wider you also get a nice set of wheels too. Here is a pic of my wifes with 2.0 + 4.0 offset wheels with no other front end mods.

sbqagx.jpg

here you go BaggedMazda, hope it helps, still think its easyer to try and get a kit on auction at ebay.

DJkit.jpg
DJkit1.jpg
DJkit2.jpg
DJkit3.jpg
DJkit4.jpg
DJkit5.jpg
DJkit6.jpg

About the rusty tie rod extencion, the ones that came with the D.J kit bented, so i hade to fab this ones cause the new ones still havent arrived, bought them last friday and takes about one month to get to the Azores.

I think the DJ kits left a bad taste in 370's mouth. You losing money or something?
no i'm not losing any money... i don't sell suspension... those kits are just junk... been around for a few years and when you look into a good handling setup that is ass backwards.. they DO NOT make a quad handle better.. they will bump steer like a biotch.. i've stated my $0.02.. if nobody agrees oh well.. i'm not riding your quad with that pile of sh*t bolted to it.. and i was note refering to a "pro quad" i don't have any pro level quads.... a arms and shocks are rather inexpensive when you shop around..

so basically they bend in to put it back inline to where the the stock mount is well if i can measure it up we have a nice press break at work i can get a bend in it that way.
is it only the top with the bend in it? the bottom one looks just flat. maybe i will attempt some a-arms this winter i can make a jig that slides the desired amount so everything stays where it should while extending how far i want them
also when i get back to the place i get my steel from i will be getting a sheet of aluminum to do skid plates.

no i'm not losing any money... i don't sell suspension... those kits are just junk... been around for a few years and when you look into a good handling setup that is ass backwards.. they DO NOT make a quad handle better.. they will bump steer like a biotch.. i've stated my $0.02.. if nobody agrees oh well.. i'm not riding your quad with that pile of sh*t bolted to it.. and i was note refering to a "pro quad" i don't have any pro level quads.... a arms and shocks are rather inexpensive when you shop around..

well..now since i have time to respond to ur comment

1.who the f*ck are you to know how many quads ive had in my life or how many years ive been ridding. You dont,ive own over 10 quads also,and no not at one time..must of them were banshee's and 400ex's ive also owned a 450r.
Not to mention the numbers of dirt bikes and street bikes ive owned...so YES i do know about handeling and the DJ kits are NOT sh*t,esp if ur on a budget. Not saying is is the BEST way,but it deff isnt a bad way either. So dont give some bullshit about that and YES CNC {sorrrrrrrryyyyy for saying C&C,big deal} do make bends in metal..as you have found out AFTER to talked sh*t and did research on it. I build cars buddy,so i know sh*t when it comes to handeling. So other then sitting here talking sh*t with you....

O.P. the D.J. Kits work well,ive asked MANY questions about them bc i was wondering how well they held up and gotten great feedback...and exp wise..i have rode a 660 raptor with a DJ's kit..threw trails and some jumps...not any problems..or DRAMATICCCCC bumpstear.

WOW people cant we just be polite ? All we need is to respect eachother opinions, obviously 370 dosent agree with the DJ kit and the improvements it brings to handling, thats is opinion.... all i can say for my own experience is YES it does makes a diference, it makes the stering wayyy better, not to mention the banshee shocks, i personaly can say its a great upgrade for what it costs.

But also consider this... sooner or later the A-arm ball is gona give, and you all know they cant be replaced (unless you cut and weld), so you will need (i will to) to replace the A-arms, so it may be better to save some $$ and just go for custom A-arms, no need to spend money 2 times on making the front wider.... This was really the only downside to my DJ kit.

Respect !!I:I I bealive we are all the same BLASTERS here.